chapter 16

The sun was shining very bright. Too bright. It only makes people more depressed, but I have to stay strong. I'm not the one who's sick. I'm not the one who's only a few days left. I need to be brave. I can't cry when she's around. I have to stay strong.

I do not like the desicion her family made. Who holds a funeral in advance, so the sick person can be there? You're not supposed to be at your funeral, that's what makes it a funeral.

"Demi, are you okay?"

I try to hold in tears. I can not cry, I can't show her. I nod, not trusting my voice.

Marissa speaks, "You can cry, you know. I mean, it's a funeral."

"It's not a funeral, she's here. She's not dead." I snap.

"Hi" A soft voice spoke through speakers, "First of all, I'd like to thank you all for being here, it means a lot. It's very weird to be at your own funeral, but my family wanted me here, so here I am. It does make me feel very loved seeing you all here. God, I'm gonna cry. Uhm yeah, so thank you so much, not only for being here but also for actually being in my life." She starts crying and walks away.

I wipe away some tears and refuse to let the others fall. I can't cry, I can't cry, I can't cry.

"Hi" the soft voice is now behind me. I turn around. "Hey," I force a little smile. "How are you?" I whisper.

"I'm okay." Unshed tears glinster in her eyes. "I'm so sorry." She whispers.

"Why are you sorry, don't be." I try to stop my voice from cracking.

She hugs me very tight and starts sobbing. "I don't want to leave you, I want to stay here with you. I never wanted to get sick. I don't want to leave. Don't let me leave you Demi. I love you so much, I can't even think about going away and leaving you behind. I'm so so so sorry, I don't want to go. I love you so much, I don't want to go. Why did I have to get sick, why did I have to be here. Why do I have to leave you? I can't leave you, I don't want to go. Don't let me go, Demi please stay with me." Her body shakes as she cries really hard on my chest. I swallow a huge lump and try not to cry.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"I love you." I whisper in her ear, causing her to cry harder. Suddenly, tears start falling. I can't hold them anymore. They keep falling. I imagine a life without her.

Without Serena.

"Don't leave me." I cry. "Please don't go. Don't die."

"Demi?" She whispers.

"No, please don't go. Don't leave me! Please, don't leave me!" I shout. "Stay with me, don't go please, Serena don't go!" I tighten my grip, afraid to let go.

"Demi!" She tries again. "I will always love you."

I can't feel her anymore.

 "I promise."

I open my eyes.

She's leaving me.

She's fading.

She's going away.

Dying.

I fall to the ground and start sobbing harder. I feel alone. As if the 200 people here, aren't around me.

I feel lost.

Serena's POV

I woke up to Demi kicking and crying. We had fallen back asleep after our talk, since we didn't get a lot of sleep tonight. I tried to wake her up, but it was very hard.