chapter 21

Marissa: What's wrong with you? Answer my calls, please!

I sighed as I finally read Marissa's text. I decided to give in and call her. The phone only went over one time before she answered.

"Is it really you? Are you actually calling me?"

I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me. "No, this is Santa Claus. Cut the sarcasm, what's up?"

Marissa chuckled. "Funny how you tell me to cut the sarcasm after using it yourself."

"Marissa."

"Oh yeah, sorry." She laughs. "Um so, when are you going to call Demi and talk things out?"

"Is that what you've been calling about? I could've been talking to her right now, you know." I sighed thinking it was something important.

I heard some mumbling and I guess a door shut. "Look, I can't talk about it now. I'll call you as soon as I can. In the mean time, I need you to call Demi and talk things out." She whispered.

"Um, I was planning on calling her but it's late. Do you think I should call her now or tomorrow?"

"Well, she's sleeping now so.." She trailed off.

"Got it. I'll call tomorrow."

Marissa was quiet for a few seconds before she spoke again. "Hey, why don't you just come over? It'll be good for you two to see each other again."

"Yeah.." I silently agreed. "It's the least I can do for not calling."

"Do you want me to tell her?" Marissa asked.

I thought about it for a few seconds before replying. "Yeah, please do."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later, kay?"

"Yeah, bye."

I was getting ready for bed when my phone beeped. I opened the text and smiled after seeing who sent it to me.

Brandon: My friend's throwing a welcome back party for his brother in two days. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me? ;)

I wanted to make Brandon happy by going but I wasn't sure. I wouldn't know anyone and I can't even remember the last time I went to a party like that.

Hmm, I don't know.. I haven't been to parties, besides birthday parties, for a while.

Brandon: Come on, it'll be fun! It's a very innocent house party :)

I gave in and promised him I'll go with him. I got ready for bed and drifted off immediately.

Demi's POV

I woke up at the sound of my best friend and sister talking.

"Marissa?" I groggily said.

She appeared in my room shortly after. "Oh hey, did we wake you?"

"Yeah, it's okay though. I've slept for so long, I didn't even notice I was that tired."

"Um, so I have something to tell you."

I knew she was nervous by the look on her face. "Yeah?"

"Serena is coming over today." She quickly said.

I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head to the side. "Is she really?"

"Yeah, talk things out please."