Chapter XLVIX

EIVEREN

Natalia is not showing any signs of improvement. According to her doctor, her health is deteriorating. They can't inject any more liquids since her body can't handle the dosage any longer. She's too frail and weak, my poor Natalia. The bastard who shot her did some great job in aiming her vital organs and I want to do the same, God, I want to rip his body so slowly to make him feel the anguish we are having right now.

He hurt my Kisstealer, almost kill her.

But I can't, Mason is still looking for them, they had escaped after he saved Eva from those pricks. We need to increase the security at the company and double those bouncers if needed to. Turns out that Natalia's friend was mistaken for someone's identity—one of my models, to be exact. It was a long story to tell, better to discuss in another book.

Now, all we can do is stare at Natalia, murmur to be strong for us, hold her, cry for her and pray for her. The doctor said that some patients were not responsive to the medicines from the first few days in this kind of incidents.

There's still hope. I will wait for her.

"Hey," rinig kong tawag ni Shinichi. I didn't bother to look at him as I was busy watching Natalia, lying soundly on her hospital bed, sleeping. "You have to rest, Eiveren."

"I need to watch her," I stubbornly reply and move further towards Natalia. "What if she woke up and I'm not around?" Once again, my eyes were blinded by my silent tears. "What if—" I stop mid-sentence as my sobs escapes from my mouth. "What if she looks for me? What if she calls my name and I'm not here to hold her hand? What if she wakes up hungry? I will have to feed her, I bought lots of fruits for her, she needs to eat those," I glance at Shinichi and search for his face for assurance. "She will wake up, right?" I asked desperately, "I need to tell that Fluffy's already pregnant, anyway." I heard someone sob, I know it's Fifteen and I can't seem to stop myself. "She will be happy," I sob. "There will be lots of Fluffys running around her room soon. I promise if she wakes up, there will be a wedding for our felines, I will change Yukas's name to Cuddly if that what makes her happy, all she has to do is to wake up and recover," I hold Natalia's hand and squeeze it firmly. "Get up now, Kisstealer," I whispered, "you're sleeping too much."

My face is too damp, my eyes are too swollen but I don't care.

I don't care anymore, I just need her.

"Come on, baby. Don't you miss me? I miss you so much."

"Eiveren," rinig kong tawag ni Fifteen, she's in between of pleading me and stopping me. "It has been three days, you have to sleep, at least."

I sway my head from left to right, "No, I won't leave her. No."

"You are killing yourself," Shinichi said with a mix of frustration and concern in his voice.

"She will wake up." Napalingon ako sa papa ni Natalia na kanina pa nanahimik sa kabilang gilid. Alam kong maraming luha na rin siyang naibuhos at wala ring tulog katulad ko, namin. "She will wake up," ulit niya, pinapatibay ang kanyang tinig ngunit bumigay rin kinalaunan. He stride towards our direction and granted Natalia a chaste kiss on her forehead. "Your mother won't welcome you in heaven, my daughter. It is not your time."

Mother, hearing that only reminds me of my own. My tears flow more as I suddenly remember our conversation last night.

"Mom?" I know it's late but I need to see my mother. I am bombarded with different emotions I am going to explode any moment right now. I need my mom. The darkness is reigning in her room already, I assume she's fast asleep,

I am ready to be alone and face my own misery but then I heard her soothing voice, calling me, "Eiveren..."

"Mom," I rush towards her in ardency and ask, "Can I cry? I want to cry, mom, I just want to make this gallon of tears empty."