Life In My Mint Eye

Iseul stared across the cell, paying attention to Haneul as he fiddled with another trinket. His twin's tongue stuck out of the corner of his mouth, a quirk that he had when he was concentrating and working on another project. He bit off the excess tape as he wrapped it around the object, causing a small ripping sound that made Iseul's ears hurt slightly. He'd always been a bit sensitive to certain sounds.

Haneul seemed to notice, pulling away from his concentration and apologizing before going back to work. "What are you working on?" Iseul asked as he tried to peak at it through Haneul's jumble of working hands.

"An invention,"

"What kind of invention?"

Haneul paused for a moment before smiling at his brother. "I'm not trying to insult you but you wouldn't know all the terms. I'll keep it simple. Basically, I'm trying to make a robot that's main mission is to protect,"

"Oh!" Iseul's excitement showed on his face as he scooted closer to get a better look. "Protect who?"

"...Well... Mom was assigning me to design something entirely different. She mentioned that she'd punish either one of us if I didn't. I... I wanted to make sure you weren't hurt before anything else so... You. I'm going to build what she wants afterwards," He said while scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

"..." Iseul stared at the clock outside of the cell. "You should start what she wants. I can handle a little more," Haneul glared at Iseul, brushing the blood that was still on the corner of his mouth. He looked at the blood on his thumb before giving Iseul a look that said everything.

"I need to protect you,"

"No. Your protection can wait,"

"Fine," Haneul said sternly as he pushed the invention into the arms on Iseul. "You finish this while I get started on whatever mother wants from me. I'll explain what you need to do if you need help,"

-------------------------

Rika made her way around the abandoned Mint Eye halls, looking at each area where the building was either unfinished or the room was not furnished. If only the RFA stayed out of the way, this mansion would've been the definition of full paradise. She ran her hands over the desk in the room where all new believers started in. It was dusty. It'd take a while until the dust and dirt made its way out of here even with new recruits and believers helping.

She has no time on her hands to clean herself. Still, it was somewhere they could hide in. God forbid law enforcements take her sons before they experience full paradise. 'Abuse' is not what she would call it, even if her children have used that ugly word to describe what she's doing to them. Sometimes physical harm was necessary for the process but abuse is something that happens all the time.

Abuse happens in this cruel world either way. In fact, she sees herself as protecting them by doing these 'creul' punishments to them. It'd make them much more tougher and all the more grateful for kindness and love.

She looked at the time on her watch, seeing it was what everyone seemed as lunch. Maybe she'll feed them if Haneul finished his project. She smiled as she thought of Haneul's mind. He was an absolute genius at the age of eight, able to do anything he put his mind to and making spectacular things. She couldn't help but wonder what he could create at eighteen. He was intelligent but stubborn. Besides that, his protective streak for Iseul would occasionally blind him and make his line for right and wrong be blurred. She could use that to her advantage but it could also lead her to her doom if she wasn't careful.

Iseul, on the other hand, had morals in check half the time, his line being blurred a long time ago due to his cleansing being in effect much longer than Haneul's. She could sense that her darkness was stored inside of him. She just wished he'd embrace it instead of trying to get help for it. She was rather disappointed. His demon would've die if she didn't step in and she couldn't imagine the regret he would've had if it wasn't for her.