Part 8- Connections

When we got back to my house Riley asked me, "I felt sparks when we kissed, did you?"

     "Ya, I did. Riley, I have something to tell you. I've always liked you, even after our fight. That fight hurt me because we weren't talking. I felt sad that whole time." I explained, hoping he wouldn't make fun of me or laugh.

    "Oh." Was simply all he said…at first, "Well I didn't like you, until now, since I've gotten to know you. Have you ever liked anyone else?" he asked.

     "Well, in grades 4-8 I may have…well…liked your brother…" I told him.

       “Toby?”

       I nodded, refusing to look at him.

       He nose laughed, “Well he is closer to your age than I am.” I nod again and he keeps talking, "I remember when you and Toby were in grade 7 and you sent me a message on Facebook that said you liked me. Then on the bus you told me it was a dare and that you also sent one to Toby. Then he told all the grade 7s from both public schools!”

     "That WAS kind of funny." I said, recalling the event.

     "We should go on the Internet to see if we can still get a connection. I’m incredibly surprised neither of us have done that."

     "Good idea." he commented.

     I tapped my Instagram icon, and surprisingly, I got a connection! But nothing had been posted since before what happened.

     So then I signed onto my Facebook profile and... "Hey!" Riley said, surprised. "Speaking of Toby, look!!" I looked at what he was talking about and...

     Toby McDonough was on Facebook!!!

-----------------

Did you expect that? :P

How about a vote and a comment? It'd mean so much to me! :)

There's so much action in the next few parts! Can't wait!