Part 31- Loss OF Balance

Riley’s POV

     "All that for nothing." Lindsay whined. Then I looked up and there was a note hanging from the bottom of a bottle of pills, which was hanging from the ceiling. I was surprised we didn't notice it earlier. I felt so stupid!

     "If you get on my shoulders, you could probably reach it. We've gotta try." I told her

       She nodded in agreement.

     So she climbed up onto my shoulders and I lifted her as high as I could. "I can't reach it! Just one more inch!"

     "Well I can't lift you and higher…or maybe I can. Hold on!" I said to her. Then I jumped into the air just enough so she could grab the hanging note.

     But next, I lost my balance and landed on the floor with a loud thud and Lindsay landed on me. "Riley! Are you okay?"

       She quickly crawled off me. I was in pain; I landed pretty hard on my arm and didn’t exactly land on both feet before falling over. I groaned instead of answering her.

       "Riley? Riley?!"

     "Gimme a minute." I said as I knew she would’ve started to freak out any second.

     "Oh thank god you're ok Riley!" Lindsay said as she hugged me and kissed my forehead. "You scared me so much."

     Then he tried to stand, "Agh! My foot! I can't get up! Ahh!" I looked down at my foot and it looked fine but hurt so much. There was a searing pain in my ankle, ‘I guess when I landed from that jump I kinda landed on the side of my foot. That explains it.’

     "Oh no! There are no doctors around!! You can't be hurt!!! Riley, please say you're ok!" She started to panic.

     I placed my hand on her cheek, “It hurts but I’ll be fine, it’s nothing serious.” I told her to calm her down a bit,

       "Maybe we should just stay here overnight. It's almost dark anyway." Lindsay suggested.

     "Ok I guess so." I replied.

       “I’ll go get us pillows.” She said and ran into an isle.

       I waited until she was out of earshot before mumbling to myself, “At least I hope it’s nothing serious.”

     She came back after a short time with two, fluffy pillows. She handed one to me and I placed it under my head and she did the same. Then she snuggled up to me, and put her arms around my torso.

-------------------

Do you think Riley's injury is serious?

What do you think happened to Toby?

Vote and comment please? :P

SO CLOSE TO 100 VOTES AND 1000 READS!!!