Part 12- Not Himself

Then Riley grabbed the front of my shirt collar in his right fist and shoved me into a wall with his body. Sort of like a bully would do to a nerd. Then he came incredibly close to me with his hand still grasping my collar and lifted my shirt up until I had to stand on my toes to avoid being choked. I was scared now, scared as HELL. I really thought he was going to kill me, but then he just said, "You stay away from her! She's mine! You hurt her or make her like you, and you will DIE! I'm serious!" as Riley said the word 'die' he hit me against the wall again.

     Finally, he let go of my shirt and I fell to the ground. Riley went back inside and I stayed outside for a few minutes rubbing my neck. Then I went back inside and ran through the front door and up the stairs because the door is right next to where Riley was sleeping.

       Thank god it's over...I would’ve never believed he’d do that! ‘What the hell has gotten into him?!’ I thought to myself again as I climbed back into bed.

Lindsay's POV

     "Good morning Toby." I said as I came down the stairs and into the kitchen. He was looking out the window like he was watching for something...or someone? Yes it was someone, Riley was just walking around. "Toby, are you okay?"

     "Oh what? Oh uh ya I'm," he paused, "I'm uh, uh, fine! That's the word I'm looking for! Yeah, fine." the confidence in his voice started to fade as he spoke.

     "Are you sure you're alright?"

     This time he turned to face me. "Ya don't worry about me, I'm fine."

     "Ok...Toby! What happened to you?" Where the buttons were, or were supposed to be, his shirt was all stretched. And he had scratches at the bottom of his neck.

     "It's nothing Lindsay."

     "But..."

     "IT'S NOTHING!" then he stormed off to the front yard.

     ‘I wonder what happened to him. Maybe Riley did it, no, Riley would NEVER do that!...would he?’