Part 21- Stuttering

I pulled away from her when her lips touched my cheek but she didn't seem to notice because I was still scared of Riley.

     Then I spotted Riley walking around the yard. As soon as he saw Lindsay, he bolted, and so did she. She wasn't usually very fast, but she was when she needed to be.

     She grabbed the back of Riley's shirt and yanked on it. He fell to the ground with a thud.

     The only dialogue I heard between them was when Lindsay called Riley an ass, which he was being one. Then she punched him in the gut only once but it looked like it had a lot of power in it. Ouch! That's gotta hurt! He just lied there like I did.

     Then Lindsay came back to me "He's taken care of now."

     "I hope he's not hurt too bad." I worried.

     "Don't worry, I'll get him some ice in a minute."

     She sat beside me on the ground. I was scared Riley was going to see her close to me, but he was just lying down focusing on his pain.

     "Feel any better?” she asked.

       “Yeah, a lot." I mentioned (even though I was still in excruciating pain) because she looked very worried. I hated seeing her worried. Then we hugged again and I felt like I had no pain, I guess she just makes me so happy.

     "Oh Lindsay, I love you so much." Then I said something in a weird voice that surprised me, "Oh Lindsay, do you love Riley?"

     She seemed surprised too, "Umm, I...I don't know." She stammered. "Why did you ask?"

     "I really don't know...I don't know. I mean...umm...I was actually going to say...uhh. I don't...um...Oh god why did I say it?" I stuttered.

     "It's okay if you don't know why you said it. That happens to me all the time." Lindsay said, trying to soothe me with her voice.

     She was so close to me that I could feel her heart beating. "Yeah, um, its just like 'Woah! What was that?'"

     "Well I think that it was funny." She wrapped her arms around me once more, "I've gotta go see if Riley is alright and say sorry. When I come back we'll have to see if we can't get you to stand up."

     "Ok." I replied.

       I know Riley was being an asshole, but he was still my brother and I was incredibly scared of the future. ‘Why can’t we just go back to when we were all okay with each other?’

---------------

What do you think Riley's gonna have to say about this?

Do you think Riley's learned his lesson?

Do you think Toby will be okay?

Please comment? Please?