Part 10- Baby McDonough

I looked out the window and someone was coming up the driveway. "IT’S TOBY." Riley yelled. I shot out the door as fast as I could and Toby jumped off his bike.

       I ran straight into him and hugged him as I spoke, "I'm so glad that we found another person."

     He hugged me back "I'm so glad I'm not alone anymore."

     "Let's go inside with Riley." I said to Toby with a smile.

     Toby ran into his older brother at top speed and wrapped his arms around him.

       "Hey Toby," said Riley after they broke apart, who seemed to be kind of in a mood, "Seen anyone else yet?"

     "No I haven't yet, is something wrong Riley?" Toby asked quizzically.

     "Oh it's umm, it's nothing, really."

     "Okay." Toby said to Riley sarcastically.

     "Let's go figure out what to do know about keeping busy." I suggested.

     Later at night when we decided to go to bed at 11:00pm, we had to find a place for Toby to sleep. "Toby, where do you want to sleep tonight?" I asked him, "There's another bed upstairs, or you could sleep on the leather couch or recliners 'cuz Riley's already got the long couch."

     "I'll sleep in a bed." he replied.

     "Okay follow me, good night Riley."

     "Night Lindsay."

     "Night bro."

        Riley didn't answer him.

       “Here's your room." I said as I pointed to my sister's old room. "Good night Toby."

     "Good night Lindsay."

        I honestly had no idea what was wrong with Riley. It was almost as if he wasn’t happy to see his little brother!

Toby’s POV

     In the night I just couldn't sleep. I was always one to wonder. Like when Riley said that there was nothing wrong, I could hear it in his voice that he wasn't telling the truth. Obviously! Also he only said good night to Lindsay and just ignored me. 'What could he be hiding?'

        So I swung my feet out of bed and tip toed downstairs, carful not to wake Lindsay.

--------------------

Is Riley mad at Toby? X.x Whyyyyy?! Why do you think? 

Comment and vote pwease? :)