Part 14- Toby Talk

Riley's POV

     "Toby? What scratches?" Toby was sitting in a tree and he looked down to find me talking to him.

     "What do you want Riley? I stayed away from her like you said. I would just go home but if something happened to me, no one would know."

     "I'm so so so so sorry Toby, I really really am. I just got jealous because I really like Lindsay and, I thought she might be falling for you."

     "Why would you think THAT?" Toby said sarcastically with emphasis on the word 'That'.

     "I thought because she hugged you for a while when you got here and she was smiling when she was talking to you last night. Like EVERY time you guys talked! I'm really sorry and I dunno what's gotten into me."

     "Well I'm not going to take her from you, I definitely don't want a repeat of least night!" Toby said as he looked away from me.

     "Yeaaahhh, about that, did I give you those scratches?" I asked hoping Toby would say no.

     "Well who else dingbat?!"

     "How did I do that?!"

     "You dug your fingers into my collar and my neck and curled your fingers. Which hurt by the way!" He said with a tinge of anger in his voice. “Cut your fingernails.” He mumbled.

     "Well I'm sorry and that won't happen again as long as you stay away from her, ok?" I waited for an answer but got nothing so I spoke again, "Bros?" I asked.

     He replied this time, "Got it. Bros."

     ‘Toby probably only said that so I wouldn't hurt him again. I don’t know why I did it.’

     Then Lindsay came around from the side of the house and started walking towards us.

     "So you'll stay away from her?"

     "Yes Riley." he said as he climbed down from the tree.

     "Toby!" Lindsay yelled as she ran right into Toby's arms, I flashed him a bit of an infuriated look.

     "Don't run away like that again okay?" she asked him.

     "Alright Lindsay. I won't run away again. I'm sorry if I scared you."

       'Lindsay is an emotional person and I can't help that.' I thought to myself, 'Maybe I should run away and then she'll pay attention to me. That sounds selfish...what's wrong with me?!'

-------------------------

The next part is exciting!!

But for now-

Do you think Riley is gonna hurt Toby again?

Do you think Lindsay likes Toby too?

How about maybe a comment and vote? :)