Part 16- Romantic Riley

Then he swooped me up in his arms, one under my legs, and one under my back. He stared into my eyes and gave me that cute and breathtaking little smile. Then he kissed me again! When he pulled back, our lips were barely apart; he chuckled and I felt his warm breath.

     "I love you more and more every time we speak." He said quietly.

       Then my eyes started to tear up. "What's wrong?"

     "Nothing, I just have such a confusing life." I could feel the beat of his heart speed up and his breathing too. "Are you alright Riley?"

     Then he brought my face closer to his, so close that I could blink and he would feel my eyelashes move. Next he said, "It's alright Lindsay, I'll always help you out of awkward or confusing situations…trust me."

     I wasn't sure if I could trust him if he was going to beat someone up over me, especially his brother! But I wasn't thinking, I was overcome by his beauty and tenderness so I replied, "I will."

     He smiled and kissed me again. When he stopped kissing me, he just stared at me before saying something, "Do you think we CAN survive on our own? All three of us?"

     "Yeah," I said to him, "yeah we will." I paused. “If you don’t kill someone first.”

     Riley pursed his lips, shook his head, and his body got a lot more tense but I felt his breathing return to normal- his heart was still racing.

     "Riley? You okay?" I asked.

     "Yeah, I'm fine" Riley said as he put me down.

     When I got back inside the house, Toby was on his phone.

     "Hey Toby. Whatcha doin'?"

     "I'm checking for a cell reception but I got nothin. This is weird for me to ask, but what happened with Riley? Was it awkward?"

     "You didn't spy on us? Cuz I thought you were usually curious." I accused.

     "Nah, didn't wanna spy. Hey do you wanna walk with me to the store?" Toby asked me.

     "Sure, why not?"