dead state of mind

Sequel starter

Summary of last books chapter!
Y/N is still alive and is placed in the upside down. The party and everyone she loves thinks she's dead.

Y/N POV

I just kept on walking and couldn't find a way or a portal out. I could feel my legs weaken and I fell to the ground again, I don't know how long I've been walking but I'm sure as hell tired.
I stood up and nodded my head in denial. How in the hell did I end up in the upside down? I remember the last thing I did was scream in my mind when I was paralysed and they announced me dead, and then I passed out.

"Mike?" I mumbled as I looked around, I wasn't even at the Hawkins Lab part of the upside down. I was in the woods, tree's everywhere, bushes and damn floating ash. Goosebumps had taken over my skin due to the cold air,

"Look for a way out. You're still alive. You can do this." I mumbled giving myself encouragement, sudden sharp pains appeared in my abdomen and remembered that my rib was broken.

"Shit." I whispered, I placed my hand over the pain, I know it would be stupid to move, but I don't want to die down here.

I kept walking and walking and then I stopped in my tracks when I heard something in the distance, it sounded like a growl... fuck. I switched my directions. Yeah, I wasn't gonna start yelling for Mike or for anyone incase that demo-shit finds me.

Mike POV

"Are you ready?" Mom spoke as she entered my room, I gulped and nodded my head, I stared at myself in the mirror and remembered that last time I went to a funeral... It was Will's. And now look at us, attending Y/N's.

As I stood there just listening to Y/N's mom's speech I raised my brow and faced the boys.

"We have bigger problems again....The Demogorgan.... Look, Y/N's body went missing and it was because of the Demogorgan, that means there's another portal open. She didn't close it." I explained, Lucas raised his brows and faced me.

"But why would the Demogorgan want her in the upside down, it could've taken any of us and IT chooses to take her." He mumbled back. I shrugged my shoulders.

"It took her because she's the only thing that could destroy it. It must of killed her." Eleven mentioned, I exhaled and looked down.

At least, we don't have Dr.Brenner in the way anymore which is good, after leaving Hawkins Lab the night of Y/N's death, him and his workers left Hawkins, hopefully for good.

Y/N POV

My rib was pissing me off. And I was starving and de-hydrated. On my way I decided to just start producing more saliva by biting my tongue and then drinking it, ew I know but, I had no choice. I winced in pain as my abdomen kept giving me sharp feelings.

I blinked a couple times thinking I was hallucinating when I saw a shiny light on a tree. I started making my way towards it and realised it was a portal.

"Fuck yes. Your a champion." I mumbled to myself as I kneeled down in front of the tree so I could get a better look. I placed my arm through the gooey-ness and then my whole body. This was such a weird feeling, like I was being birthed from a tree.

I gasped for air and opened my eyes to see normal skies, normal woods. No ash floating, it wasn't cold and it wasn't dim. I wiped the goop off of me and knew where I was. Before I go, I better close this portal.

I didn't care about my rib at the moment, I was making my way back to Mikes, Wait, I should go home first. I needed to see him but I needed to go home first to see if mom was home. I ran past the school and could feel myself become dizzy, shit I was weak again cause I used my powers. I slowed myself down and started coughing out blood. Stopping in my tracks to catch a breath I encouraged myself to keep going so I just continued walking, I was in my neighbourhood. I kept walking until I heard a crowd of people. I decided to hide behind a tree. I examined and sneaked my head around to see a bunch of people dressed in black standing outside my house.

"My funeral?" I mumbled to myself. I gulped and didn't want to enter abruptly, I didn't want to scare people. I scanned the area and examined as Mike had his arms wrapped around El, he smiled at her and brought her into a hug, then the hug was led by kiss, a passionate one from what it looked like.

I closed my eyes and didn't know what to do.

-chapter 1.