boom

Song: King- Tamar Braxton

Mike POV

I wiped her tears as she faced me. Her soft smile appeared and she clung onto me.

"I have a sprained ankle, It hurts to much to walk." I explained, Steve nodded and agreed to carrying me. He then spoke into his walkie talkie.

"Hopper have medication ready for Mike. Pain relievers. And vital equipment so we can check both him and Cole on their vitals. We have both of them collected." Steve spoke, I faced Y/N again and couldn't be any more happier.

"We should head out. Now." Jonathan mentioned, I agreed and felt as Y/N let go from my grip, Steve walked over and picked me up. As we snuck around the tree's we could hear growls and clicking noises, as Steve held me and walked I held onto Y/N's hand. She was crying, still.

"Why are you still crying?" I whispered, Y/N smiled and exhaled a breath, she calmed down again.

"H-happy to see you. I went crazy when I found out you were missing. I wasn't going to allow you to be up on a missing poster." She replied, I held onto her hand even tighter and missed her.

Steve POV

I wasn't going to let her do this. I examined as Y/N and El walked with Cole ahead of me and Jonathan. I faced Jonathan and gave him a 'let's tell him look'.

Jonathan raised his brows. I exhaled and rolled my eyes.

"What's up with you two?" Mike mumbled, I gulped and looked at Mike directly.

"Y/N had this plan. Shh don't say anything, hear me out before you freak. The main portal in Hawkins Lab was hard to open when we re-opened and entered, so it's obviously going to be hard to close... So her idea was to stay back and close it from the inside while Eleven closes it from the outside. So it's sealed completely." I explained, Mike nodded a no and tensed his body up.

"Steve, we can't let her do- I know Mike. That's why I'm trying to figure something out. She wants this portal to close completely..." I mumbled. Jonathan gave me a look.

"Close it by blowing it up. While El and Y/N both try and close it from the outside, we find some sort of fuel and light that baby up. The portal won't close completely when they are both shutting it from the outside but, that's what the blowing up part is for, it'll be strong enough to hopefully banish the portal..." Jonathan whispered, I nodded a no.

"That's dangerous for the Lab- No one uses the lab. Dr Brenner and his team are no longer here, we own this lab. They'll have the fuel we need, report back to the lab on the walkie. Ask them if they can find any fuel. Hopper needs to get some gun powder." Jonathan spoke, I then pointed at my pocket for him to get the walkie and talk to them himself.

"We're not letting her go." I whispered towards Mike.

Richie POV

I sat there crying and biting my nails. My leg continued to shake and bounce up and down nervously.

Hopper was pacing back and forth, it's been 3 hours since they've been inside and all I wanted was for
Y/N to come out and tell me everything was going to be alright. I wanted her back.

"Hopper, It's Jonathan. I need you to get me a few things..." Jonathan spoke, me and the group stared at Hopper who held the Walkie.

"What do you need?" Hopper replied over the walkie. Jonathan started explaining about what he needed, and why he needed it. He explained Y/N's first idea and how they weren't following it.

"We wanna blow up the lab." Jonathan replied. I clenched my jaw.

-chapter 24
-thoughts? ❤️ Steve isn't allowing Y/N to die. Nope nope