[8] ARCHIE

c o n f e s s i n g

you were sitting with your friends at the table in the cafeteria, everyone is chatting away and enjoying there day.

for once in riverdale high, there was no drama.

"why didn't jughead come in today, betty?" veronica, who is currently sitting next to me asks her.

betty shrugs, "he didn't tell me, i think he might be unwell or something."

veronica purses he lips and nods her head.

"archie, you've been quiet this lunch what's going on?" you ask him, his head shoots up and he hesitantly speaks.

"actually y/n, i need to talk to you in private." he replies and gets up from the table, you get up and follow him till your just outside the school.

"what's wrong archie?" you ask him, studying his facial expressions. you get a little closer to him and he gets a little tense.

"i-i don't know how to say this but," he pauses and takes a deep breath, "i like you, not like i like betty and veronica, i like you more than as a friend." he shyly admits.

your expression drops, you had no idea that archie actually liked you in this way. you sigh as you think about what to say to him.

"archie, i don't know," you pause and think, "i mean i like you too but not in that sense, your one of my best friends and i don't really see you in that way."

archie pulls his lips in a tight line and looks down to the ground. you give him a hug and he hugs you back, "y/n, i understand but i don't know what to do now."

you peck his cheek as a sign of caring and affection, "i'll be here for you just remember."

archie smiles and pulls you in a little tighter than before, making you choke out a little from his buff arms.

"okay archie, lets go back inside."