[40] VERONICA

s p i l l i n g

you and veronica were sitting inside her speak easy, it's was after closing hours and it was completely empty now. since your very close friends with her she let you stay in after and take a couple drinks on the house, you both now were buzzed.

"so." you set the empty glass down and push it aside, turning your full attention to veronica. "any tea to spill?"

"well..." she does the same, her cheeks reddening slightly.

"aye, i see that blush!" you point at her and she looks up and starts to giggle and you do too, which is a result of the alcohol coming into effect.

"okay okay, but if you tell anyone you won't see the light of day again." she warns in a joking way and you just nod along, wanting to know eagerly. she takes in a big breath, "so after archie and i broke up, i started gaining feelings for reggie and now we're..."

she doesn't finish her sentence because she knows you probably have the idea by now, and she's right because you are stunned. in your mind you always had the image of veronica and archie staying together for life and never imagined reggie coming into the picture.

"reggie? but how?"

she shrugs, "i don't know, it was in the moment and i guess it was worth it."

"well, veronica your one of my best friends and i'll respect your decision, as long as you tell archie." you say, leaning in to give her a hug.

"alright i'll tell him."

( thank you so much for the support on this book recently, i've been getting at least 10 notifications everyday from different people reading my books and i really appreciate it, once again thank you guys so much. )