[27] REGGIE

d i t c h i n g

the school bell had rang 10 minutes ago and you were sprinting down the empty hallways, trying to get to your first period class as quick as possible. the loud footsteps echo throughout the lonely corridor as you pass multiple classroom doors and catch the eyes of many students raising suspicion.

for a moment you hear footsteps following in your direction and when you turn your head there stands reggie mantle, well, he's not really standing more like running after you.

"what are you doing?" you question him loudly and slow down so he can catch up to your pace. you stop running abruptly and that's when you realise how much you ran to make yourself this breathless, you're practically embarrassing yourself with your heavy breathing as you try and refill the lungs with oxygen.

he raises his eyebrows at your state and gives off a small chuckle, which you frown to. he wasn't breathing heavily and he seemed normal, well he was in the school football team. when you've calmed down, he speaks "i was going to ditch, wondering if you wanted to come with me."

you were never the type of student to ditch because of the pressure of getting good grades and all, but this was with reggie mantle, your crush. he stares at you, waiting patiently for your answer. his eyes trail from your wide ones down to your pink, luscious lips. he licks his own and snaps out of the small daze he was in, remembering you were still to give a reply.

"well it is 15 minutes into first period, and even if i went now i would get in trouble either way, so i don't see why not?" you finally speak, eyes meeting his as you pull your lips into a big smile.

he grins at you and reaches down to hold your hand gently, "we'll have to get out quickly. some of the teachers saw us running down the halls."

"us? where you following me the whole time?" you question and raise a playful eyebrow at him. he gives off a shy smile and turns his head down, trying to hide the small blush forming on his cheeks.

"yes... now let's go." he replies quickly and drags you down the hallway so the two of you can ditch school together.