[30] SWEET PEA

b r e a k u p

you stand in the cafeteria, clutching your bag to your side as a small coping mechanism to the big favour you were about to ask of. you spot him in he corner of the cafeteria, his back to you as he laughs away with some of his friends.

with all your courage, you take little steps toward him until your finally behind him. raising your hand you give him a small tap on his shoulder and clear your throat. that's seems to catch his attention because he turns around, and as soon as he sees you his face lights up.

"hey y/n! how are you?" he smiles brightly and wraps an arm around your waist, pulling you towards him. you felt like just melting into the feeling of his arms around you but with every ounce of endurance you pull away relentlessly, watching his features downturn with confusion.

sweet peas friends have noticed you standing beside him and they've stopped talking to see why you were here, you give them all a quick glance and small, shy smile before focusing back on sweet pea. he's still staring at you with bewilderment as to why you pulled away so sharply.

he then slowly reaches down to grasp your hand and places it between both of his, you then hesitantly pull it away once again. this time he doesn't looked confused he just looks slightly hurt.

"baby, what wrong?" he questions and take a step away from you to give you a little space. you look away from his gaze and try to focus on the words that were going to be coming out of your mouth that could potentially break his heart.

"sweet pea, we need to talk."