[24] BETTY

m i d n i g h t

it was currently midnight and you and betty were outside walking on the cold chilly streets of riverdale as you talked about everything and nothing in general.

the two of you shouldn't really be out this late, especially considering all the blackhood drama going on but you decided to risk it and go out for a nightly walk, besides, what's the worst that could happen?

"y/n," betty speaks from behind you, her voice cracks and changes into a high pitch, "i'm getting a bit sceptical about us going out this late at night."

you wave your hand, "pfft, we're fine betty. besides there loads of other people here."

"um," betty looks around, "there's not actually, we're the only ones on this street. can we turn around?"

you sigh and stop walking, "fine, only because you're being a pussy."

"i'm not! it's just, you know what's been happening lately-"

her voice is cut off by a terrorising scream followed by a very loud gunshot. you and betty duck instantly and your eyes widen, fear struck. "oh my god."

betty grabs your hand and the two of you run and don't dare to look behind you, you run as fast as you can last cars and many different houses till you end in an alleyway you've never seen before. you let go of her hand and lean against the brick wall, huffing and puffing to get oxygen back into your lungs.

"i knew we were in trouble." she whisper shouts at you, pacing back and forth with her hands slicking back the hair of her ponytail. she stops and looks up at you, "what do we do now?"

"we need to get back inside-" another gunshot is heard, this time louder making it seem closer than it was before. you and betty scramble behind the garbage bin, your heart beating incredibly fast out of the shock and fear evident on you.

the sound of footsteps echo through the alleyway, getting closer and closer. another unexpected gunshot is shot against the same wall you're leaning on to try and get a reaction from anybody hiding, he knew the two of you were there.

betty squealed and covered her mouth instantly, there's not doubt that the blackhood didn't hear that. footsteps get closer and the 2 of you stick against each other shaking with fear.

then he stands in front of you, his gun down as he stares down at both of you. he lifts up his cloth covered arm and places a finger on his lips. betty tenses beside you and before you know it she charges at the blackhood, shoving him down and taking his hood off to reveal who he really was...