Chapter 9

Maxon's POV

I was at my desk when an officer comes running i to my study. "Your majesty, one one the guards found were they are keeping America!" Once he said that I ran out of the room. 

I headed to general ledger. I had forgiven him a while ago, but I still had a small grudge against him. "General ledger, you found America?!" " Yes they are keeping her down about 30 miles from the palace! " "well, let's go!"

 I head to one of the cars out front and we go. 

About ten minutes later we are finally there. Well we had to park a bit away so the rebels don't suspect anything. 

Me and about ten other guards start to head over. "Me and officer Tanner will go find America the rest of you hold the rebels off." " yes sir! " We all head in. In about five minutes I hear a lot of fighting. Me and officer Tanner stay far behind, so the rebels don't know we are here.

I head one of the rebels say to hide America and I bolt off. "king Maxon! No!" 

I get inside and check all the rooms. I head to a room in the back k hallway. I open the door slowly and peek inside. When I look in there I see America tied to a chair crying with her head down.  "America!"

"Mmmmm" She couldn't really talk with the tape over her mouth so I go over and peek it off. As I start to untie  her she stops crying. "Maxon! What are you doing here! They will kill you! " Oh just came to save my wife. That's all l. "Oh shut up and kiss me!" She pulls me in and we kiss deeply until I pull back.

"We need to go now! "

As I head for the door pulling America behind me I see the last person I thought I would ever see stand in front of me.