Chapter 25

America POV.

I chase Maxon to the room that Kota is in then I stop. It was like my body couldn't move. Like I was paralyzed. Kota had done so much to me, that I couldn't face him anymore.

I felt Maxon take my hand and I smiled. Then Maxon kissed me. "Just for good luck." " Well, maybe I don't have enough luck. You should do it one more time. Just to be safe." "Alright." Maxon gives me a smug smile and kissed me.

"Ready?"
" Ready as I'll ever be. "

Then Maxon opens the door, and we walk in hand in hand.

Kota is sitting at a table with handcuffs. This time the guards secured them very well, because of the incident last time. Kota is also hooked up to a lie detector, so that we know if he is lying or not.

Maxon and I take a seat and Kota just glares at me. I can feel Maxon's grip tighten on my hand and I squeeze back.
"Hello, Kota. Me and America are going to ask you a few questions that you will answer.

"Now, let's get started. You are one of the leaders so f the southern rebels correct?"
"Yeah! Ok! Let's just get this over with!"
I look at the computer in front of me and it says he is telling the truth.
"How many southern rebel leaders are there?"
Kota pauses for a minute to think about the question.
"One. Me."
I look at the computer and it says that he is lying. I look at Maxon and shake my head.
"Kota! Tell us the truth!" Then Maxon pushes a button, that somehow shocked Kota.
" Fine! there are five of us! Me. Zane, Brick, Lance, and James! "
Brick? Who names there kid brick? I look at the computer and he is telling the truth. Oh well.
"Ok Kota final question. Why did the southern rebels want America!" This one I could see pure anger in Maxon's eyes as he asks this question.
"You want to know Maxon? You really want to know?"
" It is your Majesty to you! Now answer the question! " Maxon pushes the button, and I squeeze Maxon's hand again and I can feel him relax a bit.
"Alright! Alright! We wanted her first to use her as ransom to get the crown, and monarchy! Then later on we realized that if we took her, I could somehow make her become a southerner, then we would have one of our own on the thrown."

I just gasped, he was telling the truth! I was about to speak, but Maxon beat me to it. "How dare you! Do you really think that she would do that! You know what! Kota. As your punishment for everything that you have done, you will be stripped of your cast, be canned, twenty times, then you will be sent to New Asia to work as an eight." You could here the pure rage in his voice.

Kota gives him a smug and annoyed look, before speaking. "I disagree very much on that. I did nothing wrong. And who is to say that you can do that to me?"

That was when I lost it.  "Kota! Maxon might be your brother in law, but he is also your king! I am sick and tired of how you treat this family, this country, and the citizens in it! You should be lucky that Maxon is taking pity on you and not killing you! So you know what? I will be glad when your gone! And if you think that you didn't do anything wrong, well think again! You kidnapped me! Threatened this family! Technically bought me from a guy, and to top it all off I find out that you are doing all this because you are a southern rebel! You left your family to kill innocent people! I am so done with you Kota Singer! So done!

By the time I finnish I realize that I was screaming, and totally out of my chair with Maxon and Kota staring at me stunned.

I sit down and smooth out my dress. I never knew that I had it in me.

Maxon just looks at me still stunned. After about a minute of silence I speak up again "I think that this interrogation is over. Good night Kota, and Good buy." I grab Maxon's hands and lead him out the door.

I close the door and Maxon picks me up and spins me around. "America! That was incredible! How did you do that?" "I don't know. I just said What was on my mind I guess." Now I was pretty stunned. "America, you are such an amazing queen, friend, and wife, and I love you for that."

" Oh Maxon! I love you to. "

Maxon dips me then kisses me harder than he ever had before, and I loved it.

We finally break, and I gasp. "Wow!" Amazon gives me a sky grin. "Why don't we head to our room, and finnish what we started!" Then Maxon picks me up bridal style and runs off to our room, with me laughing.