Plans and Traits

Gustav had a hard time sleeping last night.

When he hit his bed, he tried with all his might to stay awake but he only lasted an hour and let sleep overtake him. And partially because he was stressing so much about what Dagur could do that he started to ramble about random things that made no sense at unbelievable speed that made Snotlout almost want to throw him out his hut.

However, he randomly opened his eyes at near dawn. He was laying on his back, dreary eyes staring up at the wooden ceiling. Gustav would've gone back to sleep if it hadn't been for the earthquake of snores coming from Snotlout. He rolled onto his side and there he met the shock of his life. Something next to him in the bed, staring at him with a freaky smile and wide, pitch-black eyes (pic in the previous chapter) and when he saw this, he did was any person would do and screamed and fell out of bed onto the ground making a thud and a scared scream echo through the house that jolted Snotlout awake.

"What! What! What?! What happened?!" Snotlout asked but when he saw Gustav quivering behind his bed he yawned.

"Alright, what's gotten into you?" Snotlout deadpanned, "go back to sleep, I'm trying to sleep here,"

"I...can't," Gustav responded sounding completely terrified, "not after that!" he pointed to his bed and when Snotlout looked over, he had a similar reaction to Gustav's earlier, only his scream was more high-pitched. Snotlout then grabbed a flamethrower and without thinking, he fired flames towards the dummy, blackening it. The flames must've attracted the attention of the other riders for they were at the doorstep, rubbing their eyes at their sudden awakening.

"Why are you playing with a flamethrower at this time?" Astrid complained.

"Talk to the person who put that thing there!" Gustav exclaimed, startling the others by his horrified tone. He pointed to his bed and there lay the burnt dummy. Hiccup then sighed.

"Dagur," Hiccup deadpanned

"I could've done worse, ok, you know that!" Hiccup face palmed.

"Wait. Dagur planted that thing there?" Tuff asked.

"Yeah, and if you dare say another word, I may come after you. Oh wait! What am I saying? Of course I'm going to come after you," Dagur let out his deranged laugh making Tuff shut up for once.

"Though it's an effective way to shut Tuffnut up, can you please can it!" Snotlout yelled with his hands over his ears, "gods above, I think I have better luck keeping my hearing standing next to a Thunderdrum!" he then paused and recalled the last time he stood next to a Thunderdrum, "or maybe not,"

"Exactly, so quit your whining," Gustav retorted.

"Can we just get back to sleep," Fishlegs cut in rather drowsily.

"Err, no!" Gustav exclaimed, pointing at the burnt but still slightly creepy dummy, "I am not sleeping with that in my bed! Heck, I may not even fall asleep at all!"

"Does that affect us?" Tuff asked.

"Your dim-witted brains can't comprehend information like that so how could it be your problem?" Tuff looked incredibly offended.

"Excuse you, our 'dim-witted brains' are infinitely stronger than whatever is inside this thing!" Tuff retorted, knocking on Gustav's head but he instantly jerked back in Ruff wen Gustav shielded his face with the dummy Dagur planted.

"Alright then, Tuffnut, truth or dare,"

"Dare, of course,"

"I dare you to prove to us all that there is something in that thick head of yours other then cobwebs," Tuff scoffed,