Chapter 61: Closer Than You Think

Iyo's POV

Iyo has once dreamed of meeting the perfect man. Iyo has once dreamed of true love.

Who is my destined person?

What is he like?

Where is he?

I saw the color red. I think it's the hair of a person. It was blurry, but it was there.

Does he have red hair?

...Red.

The color of fate. A strong color that represents love and passion.

Is he the one?

Everything faded to white. I suddenly heard the sound of birds. I opened my eyes to see that I was no longer in a white abyss, but in my room.

"A dream?"

I rubbed my eyes. It was a school day. I sat up, still feeling very drowsy. The drowsiness went away as soon as I thought about the dream.

"...What a wonderful dream. Iyo met Karma-senpai."

Sunlight was blocked by the curtains, and I can still hear the birds chirping despite my window being closed.

I sat up and stretched my arms up, letting out a grunt.

"Milady, it's time to wake up," said a maid after she knocked on my door. "Your brother is already downstairs, eating breakfast."

"Yes, Iyo hears you!"

I got off and started getting ready. After eating, I wore my shoes and took off. Brother already left, so I went to school alone.

Listening to music while I walk has become quite a habit for me. Sometimes, the music matches with what I'm seeing.

For example, an energetic music plays when there are kids running around. Or a chill beat rolls when a lazy cat is sleeping!

"Heehee. Iyo is feeling good today."

The last music was finished, and it switched to another one. "Ooh, Iyo likes this one. Such a beautiful love story..."

A gust of wind blew. I closed my eyes, in case some dust gets in them. After the wind subsided, I saw a person with red hair.

After confirming it, I called out to him. "Karma-sen-"

I stopped after seeing a girl going to his side. Nagisa-senpai was now walking beside him with a smile.

"Oh, there's Nagisa-senpai..." I thought in my head. The two kept walking ahead. Should I catch up?

I sighed, "Maybe Iyo shouldn't interrupt them..."

Realization struck me as I saw the two. "Wait a minute, not interrupt them? Wasn't Iyo going to steal Karma-senpai from Nagisa-senpai?"

Dismissing my previous thought, I shook my head and started running. "Senpai, good morning!"

-Time skip-

The cicadas were making noise.

They were the only thing that accompanied me during lunch today. The school garden was empty, but I could still hear the chattering from the hallways inside.

"...It's quiet today too."

Should I join the Senpais in the school rooftop? It's always lively there.

Maybe Karma-senpai is there too...

At the thought of him, I unknowingly let out a sigh.

"For some reason, Iyo has been feeling a sense of sadness whenever Karma-senpai comes to her mind." I thought to myself.