Chapter 2: The Frost & the Flower

Winter is ending & Jamie Benett & his friends make the best out of it. Snowballs flew to & fro from all directions. And sometimes, someone secretly provides some of them with 'snowball ammo'. Who is it? Jack Frost, of course. The Spirit of Winter.

A little later on, Jamie trips & slides off on his sled. Jack guides him through town by making a path of ice underneath the sled. Passing by large trucks, sledding up walls & flying off in the air. He slams on a statue, thus ending his frenzy. His friends finally catch up to him just seconds before he was hit by a sliding sofa. When he rises up again, he looses a tooth & their attention is averted to the Tooth Fairy.

"What am I supposed to do to get a little attention here?" he said but like always, the kids never saw, felt or heard Jack Frost. They just passed through him. Like everyone else does. "Wind, take me someplace else," he said in a sad tone. The wind then blows him off into the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You heard her, Pascal. We are not to leave the tower or even ask her if we can," she said to her little chameleon friend who sat quietly on her lap in a blue color. She lies down on her bed, losing hope that she'll ever be free. Her mother says that the world was dark, selfish & cruel. She knew that mothers know best. They always do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack crashes down from the clouds & seems to have arrived in the middle of a forest from the other side of the world. There was a noticeable but empty cottage there. He didn't bother with it & continues to walk west. He went farther & farther into the forest until he walks into what seems to be a dark tunnel or an entrance to a cove.

He continues to walk the path he took & before long, he finds light on the other side. He runs to it & arrives in a grassy cove where there was a waterfall crashing into a rushing river. But what caught his attention most was the high, doorless tower that stood amidst all of this. It seems to have been there for quite sometime. He flies to its top to look for an entrance & he finds a window on the roof. He peaks in & finds a girl sleeping on her bed. She seemed sad & so he starts "Operation: Cheer Up!" & makes it snow in that room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour or so has passed & Rapunzel fell asleep. Suddenly, cold air filled the room. Rapunzel awoke from her dreams of the lanterns because of this, only to find snow falling & piling up in corners of her room in the middle of summer. She thought it was strange & so she decided to look up, try & find out what was happening.

And there, they both saw something they didn't expect to see.

A barefooted boy covered in frost with white hair in a blue hoodie holding an oddly shaped stick was making it snow in her room. But he didn't seem to notice her. He was smiling at his work while she watched him do what he does.

A barefooted girl with extremely long golden hair in a purple & pink dress was sitting all alone & lonely in her room. She was looking up at him but he didn't bother to look back because he knew she couldn't see him so he continued with his work for he thought his cheer-up plan was working.

"Hey," Jack heard. He looks up from his work & surveys the scene. He thought it was just his imagination & went on with his work. "Hey," he heard again. This time, it sounded louder. He looks up again. "Where is that 'hey' coming from?? It's getting annoying," he says to himself with a complaining voice & continued his work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rapunzel heard what he said & she was shocked. She stands up & begins to walk with a frying pan in hand, still looking at him. She stops walking underneath him. When the boy realizes that she really is looking at him, he stops the snow & jumps down from the roof. A small gust of cold wind blew before he lands safely on the floor. "You can see me?" he says to her in disbelief.

"Of course, I can," she says, tightening her grip on her frying pan. The boy was speechless & slowly began to smile & laugh. "She sees me! You see me!!" he screams in joy & somersaults in the air. "What's the deal if I can?"says Rapunzel, watching him bounce around her room. "Because no one else can," he stops to tell her & jumps around again. No one can see him. That he knew all his life. Where has she been his whole life? Another disappointment & he's gonna turn insane! The girl thought about it

... he has never been seen & makes it snow in impossible places. He's a lot like that guy.

"You know, Jack Frost is a lot like you," she said, taking into account all his attributes. He stops again & holds her shoulders. "I am Jack Frost," he emphasizes his name to her. Her confusion then changed to amazement. "You just made it snow!" she exclaims. "I know!" he lets go & makes it snow again. "Inside my tower!" she jumps & exclaims yet again. "I know!" he said.

She then does the unexpected; she hugs him. "I always knew you were real... You're really, really real," she said softly. Jack was surprised, of course. Things were happening awfully fast. He thought she was gonna pass through him like everyone else did. She lets go & shyly walks a bit farther. "Sorry... it's just so overwhelming that you're here," she says. "Really now?" he says & she shyly nods.

"My name is Rapunzel. Nice to finally meet you, Jack Frost," she says in a sweet smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Star's A/N: Hey all! This is Star speaking! I like how this turned out. I was reluctant on making this chapter (the story itself, too) because I am flipping SCARED of bashers. We sisters ship Jelsa & Helsa, Jackunzel & Flynnzel, Hiccstrid & Mericcup. Since all our ships are probably at conflict with one another, I have been bombarded by hates & bashes all my life because of this. So I never wanted to make a fan fiction about Jackunzel because some Jelsa fans are SOOO mean! Especially towards Helsa... Unyuu... But if sis is by my side in this story, I've got nothing to fear! She'll drive away all those bashers!! (Sorry for such a long A/N...)

Reads are support. Comments are understanding. Votes are likes. Shares are friendship. Follows are love.

Stat out! <(^_^)/