Chapter 9: Corona's Princess

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rapunzel turns to see who was speaking. The person was wearing a black hooded cloak, with the hood covering the face. The person removes the hood & Rapunzel realizes that it was the one she expected least to show up.

"Mother?" she says, surprised to see her. "Hello, dear," she said, walking towards her. "How... how did you find me?" said Rapunzel as her mother pulled her in to a hug. "Oh, I just found the smell of utter betrayal & followed that," her mother said, patting her back. "Mother..." Rapunzel sighs as she realized that she got found out by her mother.

"Come now, Rapunzel. Let's go home," her mother drags her arm. However, Rapunzel resists & pulls her hand back. "Wait! Mother, I've been on this incredible journey & I discovered so many things. I also met someone," said Rapunzel in a bright smile.

"Who?" asked her mother."Uhm... Jack Frost," Rapunzel replies, knowing that her mother does not believe in him which meant that she could not see him. "Jack Frost?" her mother laughs. "Yeah, and..."

"I think he likes me,"

"Nonexistent Jack Frost likes you? Please, Rapunzel. That's demented!" her mother scoffs. Rapunzel tries to explain but she would always cut her off. "This is why you never should've left!" she says as Rapunzel sighs in defeat.

"This whole romance you've invented just proves your too naïve to be here. And to imagine that someone, 'Jack Frost', is real..." she clicks her tongue, "Tsk tsk! And even if he is real, look at you! You think he's impressed," she says, parting from Rapunzel. "Don't be a dummy. Come with mommy," she says, arms reaching out to Rapunzel.

~Mother...~

Rapunzel then realizes that her mother was wrong about the world... especially with Jack Frost. None of the things she said; poison ivy, men with sharp teeth & the like, they never encountered any of those. She was perfectly safe outside the world. And let's not forget the fact she said that Jack Frost wasn't real; he is! He was just there with her. Oh, how she wished they didn't need more firewood. At least then, she can prove it to her mother.

"No!" she said rebelliously. "No? Oh. I see how it is," her mother says, her gentle smile turning into a sinister smirk. "Pitch?" she snaps her fingers & a man of black sand appears. "We finally meet, Rapunzel," said Pitch. "Who... is he?" she asks nervously.

"I... am your worst nightmare,"

And the moment he clapped his hands, giant amounts of black sand began to swirl around Rapunzel as it finally consumed her & she fell into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in the woods, carrying loads of firewood was Jack Frost. Lost Jack Frost, to be exact. "Crap," he cursed himself for not remembering how to get back to Rapunzel.

Then, he hears fast footsteps running behind him. He follows it, leaving the firewood & holding his staff defensively. When the footsteps stopped, he shoots a dark silhouette with his ice magic. When he successfully shot it, he runs to it. However, what he saw was nothing dangerous but a small, pink flower slightly covered in frost, growing from the ground.

"That's strange," he said, investigating it. The grass surrounding it was also covered in frost, though slightly. And then, something grabs him by the back, shoves him into a sack & throws him into a magic portal. It all happened before he could say "Put me down!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When he was finally able to get free from the sack, he finds two curious elves looking at him. He opens the sack further as the two elves scattered & finds himself in an unfamiliar place. He looks around until his eyes caught sight of the four: