Chapter 25: Battling the Dark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the dome, Astrid & the Viking gang are introduced to their dragons. Astrid received the Deadly Nadder, Fishlegs received the Gronckle & the twins Ruffnut & Tuffnut got to own one of each of the Hideous Zippleback's heads. Snotlout received the close murderer of Hiccup earlier that day, the Monstrous Nightmare.

"So... what's the plan?" asked Fishlegs.

"Are we flyin' fer Dragon Island?" said an ever-familiar voice from behind Hiccup.

Hiccup turns to see Merida standing next to the entrance.

"Merida!?" Hiccup exclaims in surprise. She held her bow & arrows in her hands.

"Hey there, Hic!" she runs to the gang.

"What're you doing here? Go back! Now!!" Hiccup exclaims.

"Why?" asked Merida, putting on her bag of arrows.

"Because if your parents find out, they'll kill me," he panics.

"Yer overactin' too muh, Hic," said Merida confidently as she rode the Monstrous Nightmare.

"You're really coming with us?" Hiccup asks.

"Aye," said Merida, holding on to Snotlout.

"Alright then," Hiccup rides the Deadly Nadder with Astrid behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack continues to fly around, searching for Pitch. That dark entity is always up to something bad. He pauses & hears a voice.

"Jack!" it calls out.

"That voice. I know that voice," he says to himself. He pursuits it & it leads him to a broken bed in the middle of the forest. There was a hole underneath it. The voice was coming from there but he was reluctant in going. However, he slips & he falls into the hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Dragon Island, Stoick & his men were able to unleash the dragon in the nest. It was the Red Death. It was larger than any of the ships, possibly as big a the volcano it lived in when standing up.

When it was about to breathe fire on Gobber & Stoick, a blast of the hottest dragon fire hits the side of its head. It becomes disoriented & stops moving.

This was unusual, a dragon defying its nest's Queen; what came after was even more shocking.

"Snotlout! Fishlegs! Pick up the pace! Go, go, go!" Hiccup exclaimed.

"Hey! We're on dragons, everyone!!" Tuffnut cheered.

Fishlegs informs Hiccup of the dragon's details. Hiccup then assigns Snotlout & Fishlegs to find its blind spot & disorienting it with shield noises. Ruff & Tuff were in charge of finding out its shot limit by making it mad. Astrid takes Hiccup to one of the burnig ships to release Toothless.

"Astrid! Get Merida out of there & to safety," Hiccup says. "On it!" Astrid leaves to meet Snotlout.

However, because the gigantic dragon was rampaging, it steps on the ship Hiccup was on. The ship breaks into pieces & the two of them, Hiccup & Toothless, fall into the sea.

"Hiccup!!" Merida exclaims in worry.

"Hop on, princess!" Astrid offers her hand to Merida.

The confused princess rides on Astrid's Nadder, Stormfly. She keeps her eyes firm on the spot where the ship was. I wish he's okay, she thought.

On the seafloor was a trapped Toothless. Hiccup manages to swim towards the dragon & remove the restraints on its mouth. However, when he tried to release Toothless from the chains, Hiccup loses air & faints underwater.

Miraculously & precisely on time, Stoick was able to take Hiccup to shore fast. Hiccup's vision was blurry when he quickly regains conciousness but he sees his father, diving into the water again.

Stoick breaks Toothless' restraints & chains, which caused the dragon to think that Stoick was no bad after all. And just like that, Toothless grabs Stoick by the shoulders & dives upwards to shore.

He lets go of Stoick when they reached the shore. Toothless lands & shakes off the water. He gestures to Hiccup as if saying "Let's get back in there".

"You got it, bud," Hiccup says, jumping on to Hiccup.

"Hiccup," Stoick calls his attention, "I'm sorry... f-for everything," he says.

"It's okay, dad," Hiccup says to him.

"You don't have to go back in there," Stoick tries to reason with Hiccup.

"We're vikings. It's an occupational hazard," said Hiccup.

"I'm proud to call you my son," said Stoick.

"Me too, dad," he smiles, "Let's go, bud," he says. Toothless nods in agreement & flies away.

Toothless gives out a cry. "He's up!" Astrid & Merida say in sync.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: No more Jack for a while. Just a glimpse. That's where we'll start off later on when Jack appears in the story again. Hiccup's arc is nearly coming to an end. I had most fun with this so far. Wonder if Jack's arc is less or more fun than this.

Reads are support. Comments are understanding. Votes are likes. Shares are friendships. Follows are love.

Neko out! \(=^w^=)/