Chapter 13: Doubts

Around the same time Merida & Hiccup finally got home, Jack is having trouble with the problem in hand.

Rapunzel is in danger under the hands of Pitch Black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pitch took Rapunzel, Jack," said North. "When?" Jack lowers his head. "When you left, the witch Gothel approached Rapunzel along with Pitch who took her to who-knows-where," North said. "I can't believe it..." Jack mutters.

"We have to find her," he said. "It is our duty as Guardians to ensure the safety of the children," said North, "we will find Rapunzel," he said. "That's what I said. Unless... you weren't including me..." said Jack.

"You are Guardian, Jack Frost. Wheter or not you want to be," said North. "Yeah. I don't want to be a Guardian. What made you think that?" said Jack. "We didn't. Man in Moon said so," North said, gesturing up at the moon.

"He talks to you," Jack stated, "After 300 years, this his answer? To spend eternity with you guys cooped up in some... some secret hideou, thinking of... of new ways to bribe kids?" Jack scoffs, "No no... that is not for me. No offense," said Jack.

"Bunny would think of that as offensive," North chuckles. He thinks for a while & he thought of something. Then, he leads Jack to a top view of the Giant Globe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See that globe, Jack?" said North. "Yeah," Jack nods. "What do you see?" asked North. "It... it ha lots of lights," Jack sighs. "Yes. Lights! Each of those lights is a child who believes. So good or bad, naughty or nice, we protect them," said North. "All the more reason to pick someone more qualified," said Jack.

"Pick? You think we pick? No. You were chosen like we were all chosen. By Man in Moon," said North. "I wihed I knew more about myself. All I know is that I'm Jack Frost. That's all the moon ever told me," Jack sighs, "I mean... how can I know who I am until I find out who I was?" said Jack. "You will," North places a comforting hand on Jack's shoulder, "I feel it. In my belly," North & Jack laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From there, Queen Elinor stands from her chair. "In accordance with our laws, by the rights of our heritage, only the first born of each of the great leaders may be presented as champion," she began. Merida listens as she watches the nervous Hiccup. "Thus, compete for the hand of the princess of DunBroch. To win the fair maiden, they must prove their worth by feets of strength or arms in the games. It is customary for the challenge be determined by the princess herself," the queen adds.

That's it! Merida thought.

"Dragon Cathing! Dragon Catching!" she quickly shouts out. Elinor looks at her & she says it gracefully. "I choose Dragon Catching," she repeats.

"Dragon Catching?" The three lords said in disbelief. "Merida," Elinor says to her daughter. "I just thought that... well..." Merida gathers her thoughts as everyone listens to what she has to say. "If... if there are... dragons near the kingdom, chances are; the kingdom can be attacked. One who can at least catch dragons is my best option for a future king at the moment," said Merida. "But we have no experience in that. The vikingsa do but not us. It's not fair," said Lord Macingall.

"Then our clan shall be responsible for teaching your sons in this matter," said Stoick. "A week is all I need," he adds. "A week?" Elinor looks a him. "Yes. My trusted friend, Gobber the Belch, will train them," said Stoick, taking Gobber out of the crowd. "What to do you say?" Stoick faces the crowd. The three lords exchange looks. "Alright then. We trust you," said Lord Dingwall. "Thank you, my lords," said Elinor.

"When shall this training begin?" Fergus asks Stoick & Gobber. "We can start today if you want. It's still early, anyway," said Gobber. "Are you alright with that, dear lords?" Elinor faces the other three lords. "We're alright with it as long as it is needed," said Lord Macintosh. "Righty-o! Today it is," Gobber says, "Let's head to Berk," he said, walking out the door.

Everyone, though reluctant, follows him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay! Before I forget to inform you peeps, we are entering Hiccup's Arc! Well, we already have. Since Chapter 10. I mean, I did mention that in Chapter 9. Y'know. About the arcs. Anyways, Hiccup is gettingquite tensed in his place. Let's shed a bit of light on Jack now, shall we? It's very difficult for me now... Very. Since I'm all alone now. Gotta write two stories at once.

And MOARR Good News! The story is going on for more than 15 chapters unlike how I... we! We first predicte it to be.

Reads are support. Comments are understanding. Votes are likes. Shares are friendship. Follows are love.

Neko out! \(=^0^=)/