Chapter 20: The 'Big Day'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days left until the big day. In those five days, Hiccup also knew three things about dragons thanks to him playing with Toothless after everyday.

The first one was that dragon's have a certain spot on their necks, under the chins, that help them sleep when scratched. He found out about this when he was helping Toothless scratch a place his best bud can't reach.

A Deadly Nadder chares towards him in their Dragon Training the next day. It stops to look at Hiccup. Behind the dragon was a charging Macintosh. Hiccup quickly began scratching the Nadder's neck, looking for that spot. Lukily, he finds in time; the dragon falls to te ground & Macintosh stops from running.

One of them was that dragons are attracted to light. He was reflecting light using his hammer to lure Toothless, who would begin acting like a cat trying to catch a laser pointer.

He did this the next day when they went up against a Terrible Terror. He used his shield to reflect light for the Terror to follow. He directs the light small entrance in the big door where the tiny dragon came from.

Another was that dragons love a sort of grass. Sort of like a catnip for dragons. He discovered this when Hiccup & Toothless crashed into a patch of this 'dragon nip' after falling from flying.

He picked up a few of these to bring with him in dragon training. The next day, they went up against another Gronckle. This dragon charges towards him & it stops when it smelled the 'dragon nip' in his hands. Hiccup scratches it at the dragon's nose & it falls to the ground, sound asleep.

And just like that, the weekend comes. This was the four heirs' rest days. The night after the last training day, Berk was attacked. And although Hiccup 'already knew' how to 'catch dragons', no one lets him help still. They let him help with the carrying of light construction items & cleaning up, though.

While he was cleaning up on a Saturday morning, he heard a rumbling noise from one of the village's sheds. He looks around for people to be around. He opens the door & he finds someone he least expected to be in there with a Terrible Terror.

Red, yarn-like hair. Sky-like blue eyes. A bow & a bag of arrows in hand.

"Merida?" Hiccup calls out.

The girl turns with an apple in her mouth. She bites it then smiles at him.

Hiccup looks around again. Then, when the coast was clear, he went in the shed & closed the door.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her, possibly worried.

"This dragon stole my apple so I chased it down here," she said. It's been a while since he heard from her.

"No! I mean, on Berk!" Hiccuo tried to make himself clear.

"Oh... I got lost yesterday & wasn't able to catch up on my dad's boat," she replies in her usual accent.

"... Where were you during the Dragon attack?" said Hiccup, obviously concerned.

"Uh... In one of the ships," she said, biting the apple in her hand again.

"What do I do now?" Hiccup suddenly panics.

"Whaddya mean?" said Merida.

"If my dad finds you here, he'll tell the King! Your dad," he tells her.

"So? My dad would just worry," she said.

"Yeah but as far as I've seen five days ago, your mother is the problem. If she finds out that you are here with me in the village, she'll think we, vikings, kidnapped you," said Hiccup.

"Oh. That is a problem, ain't it?" she said.

"Hiccup!"

A voice from outside the storage house called. The door creaks. Someone big & strong was outside, opening the door.

"Hide!" Hiccup yell-whispered a Merida. She quickly jumps behing piles of hay.

"Hiccup!?" Stoick comes in through the door.

"Oh... hey, dad," Hiccup said, waving his hand.

"Have you heard of the news?" Stoick asks Hiccup.

"What news?" he asked, concerned. It could be important... no. It is important. Desperate, to be exact. His dad looks desperate to tell him.

"The princess of DunBroch, Merida, is missing from the castle," said Stoick firmly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Just so that you are not confused with the events, I will put up whose story comes next in the Author's Note.

We had three chapter of Hiccup. Here comes three chapter of Jack! Probably 2 1/2 or 1 1/2. Whatever.

Reads are support. Votes are likes. Comments are uderstanding. Shares are friendship. Follows are love.

Neko out! \(=^w^=)/