Chapter 21: Dilemna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three lighted candles surrounded an image of Sandy in North's workshop. Around it were Bunny, Tooth & North, holding hands. The yetis surrounded the three & also held each other's hands. The elves ringed their bells in a sad tune.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack, in a different room, tapped the window. Frost crawled it, in the shape of the quiet little man who made children dream.

"Jack?" North calls him, coming in the room. He walks towards the winter spirit. "Why so lonely?" he asks.

"I wish I could've done somthing," he said, holding back the tears that threatened to fall.

"Done something? Jack, you stood up to Pitch," North gives a chuckle, "Something none of us could have done," he adds.

Jack looks up at him, tears in his eyes. "All of this just because I left a princess alone," he mutters, "All of this... just because I wanted her to reach her dream," he says, sadly.

"Did she... reach her dream?" asked North.

"Yeah," Jack nods.

"I see. You truly are a Guardian, Frost. An isolated child reached her dream thanks to you," North pats Jack's shoulder, who was looking down.

Suddenly, the door opens quietly. On the opposite side was Tooth.

"Jack?" she calls out in her sweet voice.

"What is it?" Jack slowly looks up at the fairy, who flew to him with her hands in her back.

"North told me something very important about you, Jack," she said.

"He... did?" Jack says, obviously confused. He turns to North, who was just smirking, then back to Tooth.

"Yes. And I thought that..." Tooth reveals her hands holding a golden cylindrical case, "... this could help you," she gives it to him.

Jack takes it & gives it a good look. "I told North I'll save it on your Guardian inititation but... I thought to give it to you today. As thanks for trying to save Sandy," she says.

"I didn't do anything good. If it weren't for me, Sandy would've been--" Jack was cut off by Tooth & North.

"Proud of you, Jack," they said in sync.

"What is this, anyway?" he asked, holding up the case in the air.

"We collect children's teeth, Jack You know that. But it's not the teeth that we want, though. It's the memories they hold. You see, these teeth hold the most important memories of childhood. I have everyone's back at the Tooth Palace. Yours too. Now, it's here with you," she explains.

As Jack was about to open the case, a yeti comes in the room & speaks to North.

"The globe has spotted Rapunzel," said North, walking outside the door.

Jack takes a final look a the case. He keeps in his pocket. My memories will have to wait, he thought. He says thanks to Tooth before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they caught sight of the globe, there were 4 differently colored flashing lights on it; red, yellow, blue & green. The green & red lights were in one place, somewhere around Scottland, the blue light is in the middle of the North Pole & the yellow one was in America.

"Burgess again?" said North.

"What are those flashing lights?" Jack asks.

"Those lights locate the four of you," answere North, "Hiccup as green, you as blue, Merida as red & you as blue," he explains further.

"So... Pitch took Rapunzel to Burgess again?" said Jack.

"Nah, mate. They never left," said Bunny.

"Then we have to get there! Let's go!" said Jack.

"To the sleigh!" North cheered.

"Not again..." Bunny sighed in defeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Guardians were about to board the sleigh until Bunny speaks out about how he is 'sleigh-sick'. Since Bunny was the one who found Rapunzel in the first place, they decided to go his way; through the tunnels! And like that, they slid their way to Burgess.

Upon arriving, they scattered to look for Rapunzel. What Jack found was not what he wa looking for.

"Jack Frost?" said Pitch from behind the new Guardian. Jack immediately turns to him & points his staff at the shadow.

"Since when were you & the Guardians all so chummy?" Pitch chuckles, as if he was insulting Jack.

"Not really," Jack replies.

"Oh good. A neutral party. Well, I'm gonna ignore you," said Pitch, turning away, "But you must be used to it by now," he adds.

"You know, for a neutral party, you spend a lot of time around those weirdos," said Pitch, "This isn't your fight," he adds.

"You made it my fight when you kidnapped Rapunzel!" Jack raises his staff again, in defense.

"Why do you care about her? She's a mere child," he said.

"She isn't a just child. She's a friend & she's the only one who can see & hear me," he said. The only one who understood how it felt to be all alone & on your own, he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~