12 | Annie the proud

Third Person POV~ {Camp Half Blood }

Two campers surged forward and grabbed their Oracle before she hit the floor.

It had just been a normal camp fire, or as normal as they made it seem. It was actually horrible, the fire didn't even it light itself, the camp had been in such low spirits.

Just a few days ago they felt invincible, with that loser of a hero gone and replaced with a Savior of All, the camp felt unbeatable.

That is, before he let his true colors show.

Thinking back on it, the campers realized how stupid they had been to give so much trust in to a newbie. And the cost could be fatal. With their three top fighters gone, the camp was in ruins. Fights broke out between cabins, curses were said, blood was spilled.

Without their leader, the camp would be destroyed in a little over a month. How could they protect themselves if an army of monsters showed up, if they couldn't even protect themselves from their own kind?

Other campers just moped around all day, cursing their stupidity. How could they let him slip through their fingers? Oh the irony, if only they knew that Percy had been thinking the same thing. In this sea of blood and depression, only two remained optimistic. That was Annabeth Chase and Mark Listeiz.

Or should I say, the slut and the cheater?

In the past months that Percy has been gone, Annabeth had changed herself almost completely, acting nothing like the girl she was. She wore clothing that showed way too much cleavage and put a pound of make up face. If it weren't for the blond hair and grey eyes, you'd think she was an Aphrodite girl.

Wait, scratch the grey eyes. Mark told she looked pathetic and stupid with them, so now Annabeth had blue eyes. She barely worked in the Athena Cabin any more and came up with half done plans for Capture the Flag.

Let's just say, she lost a lot of friends when she went through the "changing". Piper and Hazel called her a whore, something she had said to them not too long before. Jason and the guys all called her bimbo for wearing such skimpy clothes. In the inside Annabeth wanted to make amend, but her fatal flaw wouldn't let her. She was too prideful to change back.

That is, before she took a walk.

Annabeth had been strolling around the camp, constantly chewing on her gum. A little voice in the back of her head told her this was dumb and that she should be who she really is. However she could barely hear that little voice because an even louder voice said, she wondered if Mark would like to see her in that lingerie again.

As she walked campers coughed out insults like,

" I would slap you, but I don't wanna make your face look any better,"

Or, " Where did you get that haircut, the pet shop?"

Annabeth ignored them like she always did. Except of course her ex-best-friends. When she walked past Piper, Annabeth said in voice that the whole camp could hear,

" Did you try to make your hair like a rat's nest? Or did that just come naturally?" She expected her to get angry but instead she retorted,

" I won't get angry at you today, it's " Be Kind to Animals Week,"

She then walked off with a laughing Hazel. Soon the other campers followed on laughter. Her face turned bright red. Annabeth flipped my hair, glared at everyone and continued walking. She needed to find Markie-poo and tell him about what Piper had said.

She was walking by the Aphrodite Cabin when she heard moans. Curious, Annabeth followed the sounds. And did not like what she saw. Annie traced the groans to a window all the way at the back of the cabin. There she saw the most heart breaking scene. Mark was having sex with an Aphrodite girl. Tears started to roll down her cheeks and Annabeth turned her head away from the view and ran to the woods.