28| Beauty to Die For

Percy POV

I shiver from my latest torture: drowning. I am too afraid to use my powers now, for Polybotes showed me the consequences of using them. I sit in my corner, like I have always after the tortures, and try to cover the nonexistent wails of my friends and family.

"Ahh look at that, the great Perseus Jackson is finally crying! If only Kronos was here to see this! Oh better yet, if Gaea was here she would send me straight back above and let me kill who ever I wish! Oh the jot in that!" Gaea? My mind wanders back to my dream about her and Uranus. I try to have hope in this dimly lit cell, but it is so hard. There is so much hurt and pain around. So much suffering and they expect me to keep hope? Fat chance. "Perseus, I decided that I would give you a bonus round since you've been so diligent in your srceams." I pop my head up at this, bonus? What does that mean? He cannot possibly mean an actual nice action?

"Bring her in." He commands.

Instantly I see Annabeth, but that is not possible right? "Like what you see, Perseus? Hear the words of your so called beloved." And with that Annabeth gave me a sickly sweet smile,

"Hello Percy, nice to see you again."

Gaea POV

My children gathered all around each other informing Chara what happened. I had told Fantasia to keep watch on those who betrayed my children. I still found it strange that their names are Annabitch, Jaslut, Pipwhore, Hoezel, and Fraggot. Who in their right minds would name their children such bizarre names? I'm sure if I truly tried to recall I would remember, but I have more pressing matters to do.
"Thalia," I called out to her and her head snapped up to me. She followed me towards the next room. Her eyes showed mistrust unlike before and it made my heart ache. "I just realized how rude Uranus and I were for thrusting this new piece of knowledge on to you five so I would like to apologize."
Her faced scrunched in confusion and it would make males die before her again like once before. "Why me? Why aren't you telling the others?"
Of course this unsettled Aglaia, she always liked fairness like Iota. Oh my poor Iota, he must heed Uranus' words if he wishes to live. "I told you because Lyddia and Skye have already figured it out, and you are beginning to see everything sadly, Nico is still as confused as ever. I decided to speed up your process."
"What are you talking about?" She screeched as I reached my hand to her forehead.
Akakios immediately ran into the room at the sound if Aglaia's scream seeing her fallen figure in my arms, "I'll kill you for what you've done to Thalia!" He started to run toward me but Thekla and Chara held him back, "What are you two doing? She killed Thalia!"
The two nodded profusely, Chara spoke, "It's Aglaia's turn to remember you'll disrupt it, Akakios. Now unless you want Aglaia to get hurt then stay put."
"What are you talking about? Who is Aglaia and Akakios?" He raked his head.
Chara and Thekla spoke in unison, "You are Akakios and she," They pointed to Aglaia's fallen body in my arms, "Is Aglaia."
Thekla continued to speak, "Now wait a few more moments, she'll awaken shortly." I saw Akakios' wanting to move and 'saving' Aglaia, it was just like before whenever Aglaia would get hurt Akakios would be there to save her. More than once was I told that they might end up being 'Forbidden Lovers', I had told my people those two will not. Even when they didn't realize it the five of them were a family by blood, their bond will strengthen when they all remember and with their passion to save Iota.
Aglaia began to stir in my arms and I adjusted her body, "Are you fine Thalia?"
She looked at me with her eyebrows scrunched up once more in confusion, "Thalia?"
My sides of my mouth widened in ways I have forgotten it could (I_F/N That just sounds really weird now that I see it), "Aglaia, it's good to have you back."
She nodded with a smile, "It's good to be back mother." She hugged me and I felt her warmth which I longed for for ages. Her beauty had evolved in ways even I did not imagine. She really was going to kill some men and women with her looks. Both literally and
"Can someone please explain what's happening to me!" Akakios screamed out.
Aglaia laughed and slowly stood up, "All in due time Akakios, you'll figure it out."
He pouted making me remember of the time before they were taken, "Why do you people keep calling me that? I am Nico! I don't have time to figure it out I want to know now so I can save Iota- Percy- ARGH HIM! So I can save HIM, HIM I'MA GO SAVE HIM!" We all laughed at Akakios' silliness when suddenly Aglaia wavered in my arms.
"Aglaia!" I screamed.
"Please mother no screaming in my ear. My conscious is just a little confused that's all." Aglaia mumbled in my arms, I nodded.
"Rest Aglaia, we'll be fine even if you don't return with your memories again. All of us can wait a little longer." She nodded and closed her eyes and fell to sleep in my arms.
"I'M STILL VERY CONFUSED HERE!" We silently laughed at Akakios and shushed him so he wouldn't wake Aglaia. Her mind needed all the rest it could get.

Percy POV (I_F/N And you thought I wouldn't go through the torturing Zoë)

"You are such an imbecile! I cannot believe that you thought I loved you!" My heart ached at hearing these words. I knew they were true but hearing it from her mouth made it all the more worse, "You actually thought I wanted to go on the quest to return the lightning bolt with you? You make me laugh, Chiron just didn't want a 'little girl' wandering out in the 'bigbad world' on her own. I would have joined Luke's side if it wasn't for you, you know."

"What do you mean?" I croaked, she couldn't be serious could she?

"I knew that, with you in the way you're always going to be the winner so I would have died like Luke. If I joined Luke we could have been lovers, oh the joy in that!" I wish I was deaf to block out everything my oh so dear Wise Girl was saying but I knew that Polybotes would avoid that as much as possible.

"Why? Why are you doing this? Why are you here?" I preferred the drowning more than this, I preferred the Greek fire more than this, I preferred anything more than this.

"Why? Well, I thought you needed the truth Seaweed Brain." I flinched at the name. How was I supposed to have hope in this cruel desolate torture house? It seemed to be an almost impossible feat. "Now Seaweed Brain, where was I again? Oh, right! I wanted to stay with Circe, but no I just had to act like I cared for you. You even pulled me out of the water when it showed me the Sirens! I was at peace with them, it showed me what I truly desired! Couldn't you tell by then you're not wanted in my heart."

I didn't care if Polybotes was watching, or if Kronos was going to walk through the doors and slice my soul to bits, I cried. No not like the previous times, I flat bawled into the ground and cried my heart out. My tears were the cries of my broken heart Here was the girl I used to love, and I was pretty sure that I got over her, telling me everything I feared. "Enough Annabeth, I've had enough."

"But Percy we aren't done yet!" She exclaimed happily, that day was definitely the worst of my torture days. And of course it would only get worse. This was after all Tartarus we're talking about.

But perhaps Gaea and Uranus were right about not giving up hope. After all, to see a rainbow you must go through a little rain. However, the only thing I can think about as I get verbally tortured is how hard this rain will fall. And how hard its raindrops will hurt.

Hi! This chapter was written by my great friend @Imagine_Fantasy, with just some tweaks here and here by myself. Why she wrote this chapter? I have had literally no time to write due to school. So thanks so much again!

I will try to update this weekend if I don't get too much homework, so I will see you then.

See ya' later!
~Stuckbetween2worlds & Imagine_Fantasy

{Also, go check out my friend, she is an amazing writer}