Weeks

"What should I do?" Handing me what looks like an EpiPen he gives me multiple needles to go with it and a bottle of white pills.

"Take two doses of these pills everyday, one in the morning and one at night. I'll give you a refill if you need more. This should keep the fever and coughing blood at bay. If you are struggling to breathe the EpiPen will need to go in your inner thigh. Report back to me in two days, I'm gonna need to see how your doing."

"Yes sir. Thank you doctor." He puts the mask on me and gestures me to lie down on the bed. Turning the machine on the loud buzzing floats through my brain oddly soothing me.

Warren walks in the room with his head bowed. He speaks in hushed tones with the doctor who looks at me then back at Warren. He reaches for my hand with hesitation, I accept his hand and offer him a small smile. "I'm here my Luna." His eyes hold nothing but regret as he gives my hand a gentle squeeze before leaving as per the doctors request. Hopefully he does not tell Xavier of my situation.

 Closing my eyes I doze off for the hour that I have to sit under the breathing machine. Staring up at the ceiling my eyes close after smiling at Martin, who was in the corner reading a magazine.

"Rest my dear."

Xavier 

"MOVE IT NOW!" Yelling at these slacking pups is really putting a strain on my throat. Warren exits the pack house with a solemn grimace. He avoids my skeptical eyes as he jumps right into training. 

"Now remember pup we are letting you train but you are to stay in eye sight." I call out to him. He nods while avoiding eye contact. I pointed towards the others who were running laps through the forest. "Now go join the others."

He starts running at a steady pace with the others. Sighing I run a hand down my face when I see them slowing their pace. "Do you think they'll be ready for war?"

Exhaling deeply, conflicting runs through my mind. " I'm not sure, they need a stronger impulse to taking out the enemy. This right here is not enough, this is not my pack. I don't know what pack this is but I know for sure it's not mines. I know my pack and they are stronger than this. They need some motivation to get them up and ready."

Staring deep in thought, Aiden has a Cheshire grin on his face. 

"Is pizza motivation?"

~~~~~

"Good work everyone you all did great with the sparing in wolf form. Now as promised, thanks to beta Aiden, I got pizza. Please enjoy." And just like that a bunch greedy teenagers and men and women rampage towards the table that held the pizza.

   Taking a slice of pizza I wander into the pack house, the delicious taste of cheese melting in my mouth. The sound of a low buzz resonates through the quiet halls. Curious I follow the sound which leads me to the pack hospital.

  Heading to docs office what I see shocks me making my pizza drop to the ground. My Starlet lay unconscious on the bed with a breathing mask on her face, as Martin pushed a needle into her skin. A loud growl rumbles through my throat startling the doctor and waking up my Star.

   Barging in my eyes travel down the length of her body checking for an sign of injuries. Not seeing any I pulled her In my arms. "Mate are you okay?" Burying my face in her neck I inhale her scent, calming my raging wolf. What the hell is going on!

   "Calm down Bruno, Mate is fine."

  "Something wrong with Mate." Bruno whimpered, I quake in anger at what I witnessed.  A roar burst from my lips and my hand quickly catches his neck where my claws dig in. A hand catches my mine before I can kill him.