Chapter 3

~~@ @ @~~

A/N

Helloo, nice to see you, how are you holding up?

Marvel Quote:

"Shit!"

"Language!"

The mother hen Steve to the child Tony Stark in Avengers: Age of Ultron 

~~@ @ @~~  

I burrowed my hands onto the punching bag, feeling the weight of it, kick back at me.

Still stressed, I continued to punch.

Left, right--Left, right, until I could feel my knuckles bleed and my blisters swell.

"This is ridiculous," I mumbled, finally stopping, my breathing fast and hard.

If I think punching a not moving object could steer the stress away then I'm going about this wrongly.

My emotions were raging and knew it was because of that stupid tesseract-god knows where it is- They were doing something to it and it was edging me on.

Glancing at my dark room, I frowned at the number of books stacked to the brim at the corner.

I must've reread every single thing on there, and there was a lot.

My bed lay at the right corner, the library on the left and my bathroom was just down the hall.

An entire floor, just for me.

The only problem was that I was alone.

Shaking my head, I felt frustrated at everything and everyone right now. God, I would kill for something fun to do.

Well...

Maybe it was that conversation with Natasha, maybe it was the fact that the tesseract is missing, but I find myself looking at the camera in the far corner.

An idea emboldens me.

I grin.

Oh, Fury will be pissed.

Setting myself down on the ground, I exhale slowly and shut my eyes. I do this multiple times, breathing in and out, in and out.

Eventually, the sound of the air conditioning in my room began to fade. The metal creaks within the Helicarrier began to muffle out. I focus entirely on my being, goal clear as I began to mirror project.

Come on, come on--

The next time I opened my eyes I was on the bridge. The main sector of the controls room.

Yes!

Agents wandered around to their post, not knowing I was there.

I grinned again.

My body may be downstairs but I have the ability to roam wherever I wanted to on the Hellicarrier.

I could also control who could see me and who couldn't.

It's not the same as an astral form that's for sure. While projecting a mirror image I can also be there figuratively.

Meaning to say, my body may be sitting still at the moment, but I can still work my powers. The only downside is that, if I get hurt here, I get hurt in my dormant body too.

"We know that Loki took that tesseract for a reason, can you find out why?"

I whirled around and knitted my eyebrows when a bunch of people sat around the round table. (Hah Merlin)