Chapter 28

~~@ @ @~~

Fun fact; I've listened to the Captain America: The Winter Soldier soundtrack on constant repeat, while writing part 2 of this book.

If you want, I highly suggest you listen to the soundtrack will reading part 2.

Its adds the more dramatic tone.

I'll tell you what to play on the list while reading!

~~@ @ @~~

"This is odd..."

Walking along rows of heavy metal artillery, I scanned the area for any hostiles.

Below the decks, I could feel our team move ahead with their plan. It gave me a clear path as to whose energy I could feel.

Natasha was taking out a bunch of people down below, Steve just found a new guy to throw against a pipe with.

I cringed when I practically hear the thud, from above.

"Cap, you need to chill with the throwing people against the pipe thing," I muttered into the comm, keeping my voice low.

His reply came brief, although breathless he was amused. "All that energy, where else am I gonna put it?"

He actually turned my joke against me. I don't know if I'm surprised or just plain shocked.

"Rogers, how dare you." I mocked, making sure the tone indicated I was being playful.

"If anything it should be me, you put your energy in."

Natasha groaned. "Get a room I swear to god. Riles if you throw out any more hints, I'll literally find a way to freeze the Captain."

She sounded exasperated and slightly pissed off.

Flirting was pretty common between us so she's gotten used to it. That doesn't mean it'd stop her from being overprotective.

"How am I the one that gets freezing?" Steve asked, offended.

Natasha grunted. In the background, I could hear multiple low thuds followed by a swing of a metal pipe.

"Because Riley's mine and not yours."

The connection slowly lingered off from then and I laughed out loud at it.

I can almost feel Steve's sulking face.

"Hey, Brook!"

It's Rumlow. He beckons me forward towards one of the rooms.

I obeyed, cutting through the pipes to get to him. "What's up?"

His gun was raised as he gestured towards the dark room in front of us.

It was averagely small but what caught my attention was the numerous boxes scattered all over the place.

Like someone had furiously searched for something and never found it.

"Talk about manners," I scoffed, stepping in and switching on the light panels.

The room slowly brightened, showing more of a mess than anything.

"Pirates must've been searching for something," I muttered, flipping through stacks of SHIELD papers.

"You think they found anything?" Rumlow leaned by the doorway, staring at me curiously.

"Not like SHIELD has anything to hide," Bending forward, I retrieved a box that was untouched and opened it.

The papers were printed with some sort of coding with a red stamp across almost all of it.