Chapter 12

~~@ @ @~~

Lets take a peek into our favorite superhero's brains in their thoughts.

Marvel quote: 

"Well, what's not damaged?"

"Air conditioning is fully operational,"

The dumb SUV AI to a fury-ious Nick Fury in a battle.

~~@ @ @~~  

There's a solemn silence that settles in the atmosphere.

They may have won the battle but the loss was unimaginable.

Phil Coulson was dead.

And so were many Agents.

All for one god who sought power.

Tony is trying to keep his pacing down to a minimum but he can't stop. His mind is reeling too much and he fears if he sits down now, his brain would most likely explode.

"Stark?"

The super soldier approaches the destroyed lab that is yet to be fixed and notices the crestfallen expression on the Iron Man.

Tony doesn't face him, his eyes are fixed on the Bridge below him and in the background, PHASE 3′s files are being played.

He doesn't need to see them.

He can hear them.

And he can hear the familiar voice, that makes his mind ring again.

Steve frowns and approaches the playing monitor, shooting a wary glance to Tony before settling on listening in.

The monitor shows numerous letters and numbers, revealing the date, time and event.

DATE: 21/06/2001

TIME: 0230

EVENT: Subject DW mind reconstruction #34

"What do you remember, Agent Brook?"

The video is black and white, with the girl who was attacking them on the Bridge, chained up in a chair.

Steve sees that the girl looks younger than now so he takes notice that it is an old file.

"There's nothing to remember. They won't let me remember." She mumbles back, her head down and her brown hair cascading down her face.

"Who? Who won't let you remember?" The person asked again.

Lorelie moves. It's subtle but enough to cause a shake around the room. She raises her head and looks at the questionnaire.

The chains that kept her are flung open and suddenly she's standing with colourful swirls of blue, green and gold that ignites around her arms.

"HYDRA."

The camera cuts to black and another takes its place.

Steve stiffened at the words and his fists clenched.

HYDRA. It was always going to be them. Wherever he went, wherever he looked.

They were there.

When Steve heard the words come out of Fury's mouth and saw the state she was in, he could not take it.

She may have been out of control but at that moment, she looked nothing more but a girl who couldn't control what she had.

And he did not hesitate to help her.