Chapter 6

~~@ @ @~~

This chapter is slightly different but I thought I'd give you all an insight to everything from everybody's point of view.

No quote sadly, :( 

    ~~@ @ @~

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process."

Banner explained as he scan out Loki's sceptre and noted things down on the projected screen in front of him.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops." Tony is in a mind on his own when he clicks a couple of system changes in his personal monitor, giving Jarvis the go-ahead.

Bruce gives Tony a look from across the room, laughing. "All I packed was a toothbrush."

The Iron Man stops for a moment and glances back at Bruce, his expression transforming into a friendly one.

He hadn't expected the doctor to have a sense of humour. Not with how sensitive his particular situation was.

It'd be a lie to himself if the infamous billionaire said he wasn't impressed.

Tony walks over to Bruce leisurely and picks up a mini electrical prod. He comes up from behind the male, grinning. "You know, you should come by STARK Towers sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land."

Bruce had been typing away at the monitor when he hears Tony come up from behind him. The man appreciated Tony's invitation, but memories of his past caused him to wince at the subject.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York, I kinda broke... Harlem."

Tony doesn't give up, he continues on, not at all defeated from Bruce's lack of motivation. "Well, I promise a stress-free environment, no tension, no surprises--"

Abruptly, he pokes Bruce's with an electrical prod that takes Bruce by surprise.

"Ow!"

Tony leans forward, eagerly. "Nothing?"

"Hey, are you nuts?!" Steve Rogers, the super soldier, enters the room with a glare, directed at Tony.

Tony held back the urge to laugh at the look on Steve's face. The gentleman clearly didn't know how to take a joke.

He sits on top of the table behind him and isn't fazed by the look Steve was giving him, rather he continues his conversation with Banner.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?"

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve growls, having grown annoyed by Tony antics. Did the man not care for the safety of everyone on this ship?

Tony shrugs, retorting easily. "Funny things are."

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offence, doctor." Steve almost grimaces at his blunt words to Banner.

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come abroad if I couldn't handle pointy things." Banner waves it off, moving back to the projected screen.

Tony couldn't help but feel awed. He jumps up from his position on the table and struts over to the front table. There's a bag of blueberries right there. He took it.

"You're tiptoeing big man, you need to strut."

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr Stark." Seethes, Steve, stepping in Tony's path.