Chapter 18

We took off running towards two familiar figures in the distance. They were battling against a dozen Chitauris, slowly being backed up into an overturned car.

As Steve jumps in the fray and I strayed left, distracting the other Chitauris.

The ground shook as I create a loop with my fingers. The Chitauris glance down confusingly before noticing I was standing there.

"Bye-bye,"

Jerking my palms up, the ground cracked and brought them soaring up the skies.

Just in time.

They smashed against the spiky underbelly of the huge whale-like-thing and were instantly impaled.

A quick sense of energy around me, made me squint in the direction of a very familiar red and gold suit. I lost my temper immediately.

"Stark, what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled, watching as the flying thing charges after him.

"Um, what does it look like I'm doing?" He says back, breathlessly.

"Don't die you moron or I swear I'll resurrect you and then kill you."

I don't know if he replied because we're hit with another wave.

The attacks just keep on coming huh?

Barton swings over to me and shoots an arrow at a flying chariot. The chariot swings out of control and crashes to the road in front of us.

Natasha takes the Chitauri's gun and hits the alien in the head before shooting beams at the ones she couldn't get close to.

Steve tries to take the defence but I am quicker.

Running at the centre of where they fought, I released an energy wave causing bluish green and gold to rapt around us and crippling the ones left standing.

The massive surge brings me to my knees and I shut my eyes, the exhaustion kicking in.

Three more who weren't affected were effectively killed off as the god of thunder threw lightning bolts and landed harshly where we all gathered.

"Riley?" Natasha grasps my shoulder, urging me to stand.

I blink my eyes open, seeing black dots line my vision and hastily brush them aside.

Deep in my veins, the power from the Tesseract overpowers me indefinitely and my body is unable to take it.

It is only a matter of time before my body gives up.

I couldn't tell them that yet, we had a war to win.

Steve approaches the god of thunder. "What's the story upstairs?"

Thor looks to Steve and then settles at me warily.

"We good sparkles?" I grinned waving a sparking hand.

Natasha rolls her eyes. "Thor meet Lorelie."

Thor nodded slowly but doesn't respond. His posture looked to be stressed and I narrowed my eyes.

He feels betrayed. Angry. Sad.

It's all in his thoughts.

Because of that stupid Christmas tree god.

"The powers surrounding the Cube is impenetrable," Thor explained, blond hair curtaining his face.

"Thor's right. We gotta deal with these guys,"

From above us, Tony is still flying, trying to distract the large whale.

Natasha looks at all of us comically. "How do we do this?"