Chapter 32

~~@ @ @~~

Go to the next song on the soundtrack.

The Winter Soldier theme.

~~@ @ @~~

It was impossible to stop.

Each touch, graze, tickle, made my skin hyperactive as the both of us scrambled off his Harley and made it into his house.

We were silent all the way back but his grip on my hand was enough to let me know what he was thinking.

When we reached his apartment floor we tripped over the steps and I laughed as I fell forward into his arms.

Steve grabs my face, pulling me in for a kiss as he steadies me and grabs hold of my hand.

"Steve!" I pull away, playfully offended that he dared shut me up with a kiss.

He chuckles and pulls me with him down the hallway, steps hurried.

Before we can get any further, a blond lady comes out of the door of her apartment, holding onto a basket filled with laundry.

She pauses in her steps upon noticing the two of us and smiles knowingly.

"Steve," She nods politely at him.

"Hi Kate," He awkwardly waves and I wondered how we looked.

Faces flush and a constant giggle erupting from between my lips that makes Steve eye at me with a burning need to kiss me.

"Friend?" She gestured at me.

"Gonna be more than that," I mumbled under my breath knowing Steve would hear me. "Lorelie, hi--" I nod at her, smirking when Steve's grip tightened.

"Well alright, I'll see you later." She walks away from us and headed downstairs.

We watched as she goes and Steve shakes his head at me. "What was that about being more?" He hinted and I grinned.

"Find out."

He tugged me towards his apartment but before he could take out his keys, Kate pops her head back up the stairs.

"Oh! I think you left your stereo on."

Both Steve and I froze. Her words register in our brains in record time.

Knowingly, I slip my hand away from his and took a step back.

Steve turns to meet Kate and gives her a fake smile. "Oh right, thank you."

She leaves us once more, her footsteps thudding down the stairs. Now alone, I realize I had been too distracted to realize there was indeed, music, coming from Steve's place.

A part of me is hurting that I am unable to enjoy this with Steve, and although my heart burned for more I resisted.

Something wasn't right and Steve knew it too.

Waving my hand in front of the door, I sensed an energy current reflecting back at me.

I gave Steve a nod. "Someone's in there."

He nodded and leaned forward, hearing loud music emitting back to us. I watched as he transformed into the familiar Captain I knew, that soft expression gone with a blink of an eye.

"I'll go around the window. You stay here and come in if there's anything."

I nodded but before he left he gave me one last smouldering look; regret