Chapter 24

"If you touch me with that death stick, I will explode your brain."

The doctor practically runs out with his tail tucked between his legs.

I glowered at his retreating back, eyeing the needle he set down beside me to stitch up my wounds.

"Not today Satan." Flinging the needle out the window I smirked as it disappears from view and settle comfortably in my temporary bed.

My entire body ached but not as much as it did beforehand. Not like the first day when I was admitted.

I literally had to lay in bed, paralyzed.

It was day 3 when I didn't feel too bad and realized it had been my abilities that were healing me on their own. I could feel it happening as we speak.

It never happened before so it was a nice surprise.

That's one good thing that has come out of severing my connection with the Tesseract.

Bored out of my mind, I took to glancing upwards at the hanging television.

I grinned when I notice tv programs, playing videos, interviews and parades of what's happened.

A lot of things have happened after the battle of New York. Civilization took it upon themselves to honour those who have died and to thank the heroes, that saved the day.

Most of them-very few-think otherwise, saying that we were the cause of the war and that we must be stopped.

I don't pay attention to any of that as there will always be people who disagree with the way we do things.

I've learned to tune it out.

Over the past week, the news was filled with videos of the Avengers fighting and although most of the footage I was in had me in my mask, I could still see some channels dedicated to the Dark Witch.

Courtesy of whenever I use my powers, my eyes glowed their unnatural blues and some people pointed out that although I looked scary; 'the dark witch is just as ordinary as everybody else'

It was a tipping point.

When I was under HYDRA the name Dark Witch was something people would say was evil.

But now there was nothing about it that made it seem that way.

Tony is planning on officially announcing me as his sister soon.

He doesn't think it's good that my identity, remains deceased, so he went to great lengths in building me a new reputation with all the necessities.

I tell him it's pointless because I'm still going to work with SHIELD but he doesn't listen.

It's like he wants the whole world to know I'm real and not his imagination. I know deep inside he thinks he's going to wake up and think I'm not there.

I can tell from his thoughts but decided to keep to myself about it.

Nick, the one-eyed wonder, came barging in when the doctors were mid-stitching me the first time I arrived and glared at me when I kept telling the doctor I didn't want stitches.

He made me sit still as he watched and when I was all done, he left. Nick is very pissed off about the whole situation but what can he do?

Some weird issues that guy has.

He can't keep me locked up forever.

And judging from how I handled New York, I think he's come to a very disgruntled agreement that I will be fine on my own.