Chapter Thirteen: Keeping Secrets

“What I’m about to tell you, you must not… I repeat you must not tell anybody,” Alyssa said nervously as she glanced around as if expecting something to happen, she needed to tell someone the truth.

Monica stared at her friend worried about why they were so far from the hotel and the players; she didn’t like the idea that her friend was hiding something from her fiancés.

Alyssa licked her lips, she couldn’t believe that she had kept this from the boys but she had to; she didn’t want them getting their hopes up only for her to lose the baby.

“Swear to me, Monica… swear to me that you won’t tell a soul,” Alyssa said desperately making Monica stared at her concerned, the brunette bit her lip waiting for her friend to promise her that she would help her keep this a secret until she was ready to tell people and was sure that the baby was okay.

“Okay, Alyssa… I swear I will not tell a soul what you are about to tell me,” Monica said taking the younger brunette’s hand and gave it a squeeze, she smiled at Alyssa who shifted nervously.

Alyssa cleared her throat as she shifted nervously as she sipped on her glass of water, she knew it had been wrong to lie but she needed to be sure that the baby would make it before she started spreading the wonderful news.

“You remember last week… when I took that pregnancy test,” Alyssa said making Monica nod sadly; she watched the brunette wondering what the negative pregnancy test had to do with this.

Alyssa swallowed filling sick for a moment, she knew the morning sickness had kicked in and she wasn’t enjoying it at all.

“I lied… the test was positive,” Alyssa said making Monica stare at her shocked for a moment; the older woman quickly congratulated her, excited that her friend was going to be a mum.

Alyssa smiled at her as Monica looked down at her stomach, which wasn’t showing at all yet; she had to be a few weeks along and Monica was desperate to learn more about the little miracle.

“I’m eight weeks pregnant, I’m due sometime in February,” Alyssa told her as Monica took in what she was saying; she couldn’t believe that she had kept this a secret all week from her and the boys.

Monica looked at Alyssa as she realised that her fiancés didn’t know; they were completely unaware that she was pregnant and she had lied about the last test that she had taken.

“You haven’t told them?” Monica said making the brunette shake her head; she watched her friend frown and sigh as she shook her head, wondering what she was thinking.

Alyssa smiled at her as she moved to explain to her friend, why she hadn’t told the boys of her pregnancy; she didn’t want her to think anything bad about why she had kept this from them.

“I don’t want them to worry Monica… what if I were to lose this baby, I couldn’t live with myself if I let them down,” Alyssa said making the older woman nod, there was a lot of pressure on the young woman especially since she was engaged to three men.

Monica understood since she had several miscarriages before she was told that she couldn’t have any children, her and her husband had been devastated when she had lost their babies.

Monica didn’t know how the three of them would cope with Alyssa losing a baby; it wouldn’t be pretty and she didn’t know if the strange relationship would survive that.

“I won’t tell a soul… I’m here for you Alyssa,” Monica said, the younger woman was her closest and bestest friend and she would do anything for her; she was so happy that Alyssa trusted her enough to share all of this with her.