Chapter Twenty-Seven: Wedding Dress Shopping

Staring at the bridal shop before her, Alyssa groaned softly under her breath as she looked at Monica who was stood beside her; they had been to several shops already and Alyssa still hadn't found anything she liked for her wedding.

Nora had been easy to buy for and her pastel pink strapless tea-length bowknot sashes flower girl dress was currently safely stored in the car.

"How much longer?" Nora whined as she tilted her head, they had stopped for lunch hours ago and it was starting to get late in the day; it had been an entire week since Alyssa had started to look for her wedding dress and still she had not found anything that she remotely liked.

"Not long now sweetie... this is the last shop," Alyssa said as she picked the little girl up, she looked at Monica in warning knowing that if she didn't say that then her friend would drag them to several other stores to find her wedding dress.

Monica rolled her eyes, they had been searching for her perfect dress for ages and still nothing seemed to take Alyssa's fancy and they were running out of time.

The trio stepped into the store and Monica grinned as she moved forward to speak with the woman at the desk, they were used to the secrecy and Alyssa was nervous about someone discovering her wedding plans.

"Okay come on," Monica said as she signalled for Alyssa to follow after her, they needed to get a move on and with so little time they couldn't mess around.

Alyssa sighed as she smiled at Nora, she wished that finding her dress would have been a lot easier than all of this.

***

Alyssa smiled as she smoothed out the white material that she was wearing, she looked at herself in the mirror as she chewed on her lip; it wasn't a wedding dress but it would look wonderful for the wedding ceremony.

Monica grinned as she admired the white pencil dress with sheer and soft panels and nude heeled sandals that Alyssa was wearing; there was no denying that this would be perfect for the wedding reception since no one would guess that Alyssa was the bride.

"You look pretty," Nora said as she looked at Alyssa, the brunette turning to face her and Monica as she showed them the dress; Monica nodded in agreement knowing that this would be one dress down if Alyssa got that dress.

"It's this one," Alyssa said nodding as she peeked at herself in the mirror, she could see herself at her reception wearing this dress and it looked nice enough to signal that she was the bride while still looking casual at the same time.

Monica sighed in relief as she nodded her head, she was pleased that they had made a decision even if it was only on one dress right now.

Alyssa headed back into the dressing room to change out of the dress and put it back onto the hanger, while Monica got to her feet and started to look at some of the wedding dresses that were in the room.

"Any idea on what sort of dress that you want?" Monica called as she looked through the dresses, she wrinkled her nose at some as she tried to find a dress that Alyssa would like for her wedding ceremony.

Alyssa shook her head as she stepped out of the dressing room, she had already told Monica what she was after and she hadn't found anything that she liked.

Monica turned to show Alyssa the ivory ball gown flowers and lace strapless floor length wedding dress that she had found, she smiled at Alyssa who only shook her head at the dress.

"Too princessy," Alyssa said as she sat down with Nora, they had been in the shop for an hour now and she wondered why her fiancés hadn't even called to check up on them; however she had a feeling that they were relaxing and finalising details for their impending wedding.

Monica put the dress back and continued to look through the dresses, she was sure that the right dress was somewhere her and they just had to find it.

The older woman pulled out a white strapless lace-up beading beach wedding dress, she smiled at her friend warily already knowing the answer but she just wanted to try it out.

"I'm not Katie Price," Alyssa said with a shake of her head, she wouldn't even dare try that dress on and she was beginning to lose hope that she would ever find her dress; Nora was getting bored and they would have to leave soon.

Monica nodded before she put that dress back, she continued searching before she stopped at another dress and a smile formed on her face.

"What about this one?" Monica asked as she pulled out the white asymmetry column V-neck wedding dress, she grinned as she showed it to Alyssa; who perked up at the sight of it.

Monica didn't waste a moment before she ushered Alyssa into the dressing room with that dress, she bounced over to her seat sure that they had finally found the dress for the ceremony.

Nora peaked at Monica as the woman sat beside her as they waited for Alyssa to come back, it was silent as they waited and they didn't have to wait long before the curtain was pulled back and Alyssa stepped out wearing the dress with the white high heels that she had already bought.

"You look beautiful," Monica said in awe, she couldn't believe that this was the dress that had caused them so much trouble; she could see that Alyssa was in love with it and it was like a weight had been lifted from their shoulders.

Of course there would have to be adjustments made and Alyssa could get a little bigger before the wedding since she was fourteen weeks pregnant now.

***

"How was shopping?" Fernando asked as Alyssa arrived home with Nora, he smiled at his daughter as she hurried into the living room to greet him.

The footballer picked her up and held her close as Alyssa set down her bag and grinned at him, she was hiding the dresses at Monica's since she didn't want the boys to see them.

"I found both of my dresses," Alyssa said proudly, she brushed some hair from her face as she looked at him as she heard Iker and Sergio approaching.

Sergio wrapped his arms around Alyssa's waist as Iker sat down beside Alyssa, he watched them with a smile knowing that their relationship was fine.

"When do we get to see them?" Sergio asked as he rested a hand on her bump, it was slowly getting bigger and he was a little nervous to find out who had fathered the child that she was carrying.

It was a question that none of them had really thought about but it was an answer that they needed for the birth certificate and so the father could be there when the baby was born.

"At our wedding," Alyssa said as she pulled back from Sergio and grinned, she had known they would want to see the dresses now but it wasn't going to happen.

Sergio groaned as he sat down and pouted, he was sure she looked beautiful in them and he didn't want to wait the three weeks until their wedding day.

"It'll fly over Sese before you know it," Alyssa said as she to sat down, she couldn't believe that it was nearly time for her to get married and everything was coming together for the big day.

Iker watched Alyssa and nodded at Fernando, they were going to have to work something out and soon.