Chapter Twenty-Two: Quiet Relaxation

Alyssa grinned as she lay on her sun lounger as Sergio dunked Fernando into the swimming pool, she shook her head amused as she sat in the shade with Nora knowing that they were all enjoying their relaxing break.

The brunette chuckled as Iker sat down next to her, it had been a week since Spain had won the Euros and the foursome had been relaxing while they could before they started wedding planning.

“You look warm,” Iker murmured as he looked at Alyssa, she was wearing a black cold shoulder kaftan and black sequin flip flops to stay cool; she raised an eyebrow at him knowing what he wanted.

The brunette rolled her brown eyes as she stood up and pulled the kaftan over her head to reveal the black and white monochrome contrast swimsuit that she was wearing under it.

“Better?” Alyssa asked as she carefully placed her kaftan on her sun lounger, Iker grinned as he nodded his head as he leant back on his own; he watched as Sergio quietly snuck up behind her.

Alyssa squeaked in surprised as Sergio wrapped his arms around her and threw her over his shoulder, she struggled against him knowing what he had in mind.

“Sese don’t,” Alyssa pleaded as Iker chuckled and Nora laughed as they both watched Sergio throw the brunette into the pool; he shook his head amused as Fernando pulled himself out of the pool.

The last week had been nice since it had just been the three of them, celebrations for the Euros win had finally come to an end and everyone was enjoying their breaks before the pre-season started up and the new season was quickly approaching.

Iker sighed as he watched Alyssa, he knew that they had so much work to do to plan their wedding and he couldn’t wait to finally have her as his wife after everything that they had been through.

***

“So we should really start to think about the wedding,” Fernando murmured as he stood beside Iker as the older man cooked, they both knew that since they had played in the Euros that they wouldn’t be included in any training until late August it gave them barely a month to plan a wedding.

Iker nodded his head as he glanced over at Alyssa who was fussing over Nora, he knew that they could do this and he hoped that they could give Alyssa the wedding that she had dreamed of.

“I’ll speak to my contact again about the ceremony,” Iker said as he flipped some burgers, they were having a BBQ since the weather was nice and Iker had insisted on cooking.

Fernando smiled at him, knowing that they had to have a special ceremony to marry the four of them; it wasn’t going to be easy but it was for the best.

“So have you had any ideas on what you want for the wedding?” Sergio asked as he stepped out of the house carrying another jug of home-made ginger, apple and vanilla punch.

The Sevillian smiled at Alyssa as she stopped wiping sun lotion on Nora and looked at him, she chewed on her lip at his question as he set the jug onto the garden table that lay on the garden balcony where the group were now relaxing slightly out of the burning sun.

“I don’t know,” Alyssa said shrugging her shoulders, she brushed some hair behind her ear knowing that this wasn’t going to be easy; she would only have a couple of weeks to plan something that she hadn’t really thought about in two years.

“You don’t have to worry about the ceremony... I have that covered,” Iker said as he plated up some of the food, Fernando moved to settle Nora so that they could all eat.

“So what does that leave?” Sergio asked curiously, he knew that this wasn’t going to be easy and he wasn’t sure how the four of them would be able to handle organizing the wedding.

Alyssa grumbled as she spotted the pen and paper that Fernando had, she knew that they had to get this done if she wanted the wedding to be this summer before she was too pregnant to do anything.

“Just to organize the reception for our friends and family to enjoy,” Iker said as he peeked at Fernando who had sat down to make a quick list of everything that needed to be done for their wedding.

Alyssa who was sat next to Fernando tried to ignore the growing list since she didn’t want to freak out; there would be so much work to do and they still needed to pick a date for their wedding. Iker set down the plate that he was carrying

“How do we feel about the 15th of August?” Iker asked as he made sure that Nora was okay and had some juice, he peeked at Alyssa hoping that the date would be okay; they could organize everything when they settled on a date.

Alyssa peeked at Iker knowing that he was watching her, it hadn’t been the first time since they had gotten home that she had caught one of her fiancés watching her.

The brunette was twelve weeks pregnant and they wanted to make sure that everything was okay for her and the baby; she knew that they all wanted the pregnancy to go well.

“That gives us five weeks to plan,” Fernando said as he checked on his phone, he nodded his head knowing that they would have to move quickly to find a venue for their reception.

Alyssa nodded in agreement, she watched as Fernando started to divide up his list into four so that they each had something to do for the wedding.

Nora munched on her fries as she sat quietly, her third birthday was coming up in a few days and she had already been told about the small party that she was going to have to celebrate.

“Okay… this should make things easier,” Fernando said as he handed out the lists that he had made, Alyssa peeked at hers and smiled softly at the idea of her wedding dress.

The brunette knew that she’d have one for the ceremony and she’d need a normal white dress for the reception so that no one would know it was her wedding day unless they were in the know.

Alyssa helped herself to a piece of apple as she spotted the look that Iker was giving her, she smiled softly knowing he was just looking out for her.

“Do I get to wear a pretty dress?” Nora asked as she peeked up at Fernando, she looked at him curiously knowing that she wanted a really pretty dress for the wedding.

Riley grinned as she looked at the little girl, they had already decided that Nora was going to be a flower girl and were just waiting for the right time to tell her.

“Of course what else would the flower girl were,” Sergio said as he grinned at Nora, he loved having the little girl around and he couldn’t wait for Alyssa to have their baby; it was something that he knew would change their lives.

Nora squealed in excitement making Fernando smile as he watched her, he knew that she was always going to be safe here and he hoped that she’d settle in perfectly with living with Alyssa and the others most of the year.

Fernando wanted his daughter safe and the only way that he could ensure that would be to leave her in Madrid with the others and have her fly out to see him in London every so often.

“I don’t want a pink dress,” Nora said stubbornly as she looked at Alyssa, she hated the colour and had demanded that her bedroom be repainted when she had first been brought home.

Alyssa nodded her head, she looked at the little girl knowing that soon she would have a child of her own.