-Chapter 12-

[Betty's POV]

    For the past few days, I noticed that Archie and Veronica were starting to worry about me. So, I called them out of their room to talk. "I know you guys are a bit concerned about my state right now, but I just want to let you guys know that I'm okay." I said as we all sat in the living room. Both Jughead and I sat together in the couch while Archie and Veronica sat on separate chairs. "I can't really tell you guys now, and I hope you understand." I continued, giving a sad smile to the couple.

     "It's okay." Archie replied. "It's fine, B. Take your time." Veronica added. "Thank you guys so much for understanding." I said, feeling an arm go around my shoulder. It was Jughead's. As he did that, the couple stared at us weirdly. I guess we forgot to tell them we were friends now.

     After our little talk, the boys went outside to chop some wood. "Did Jughead Jones just put his arm around you?" The raven haired girl smirked. "Does that mean Arch and I's plan actually worked?" She continued with a huge smile plastered on her face.

     "Well, yeah." I smiled back. "Oh my god!" She clapped in excitement. "I'm so glad you guys are finally friends!" She exclaimed. "And I can't thank you enough for this trip." I replied genuinely.

     Jughead was really there for me. Even when he didn't know what was wrong with me, he was so kind and  reached out. It was as if we never hated each other. It's funny how we became friends so quickly. 

[Jughead's POV]

     "What?" I say in annoyance. Archie has been smirking at me weirdly ever since we got out of the cabin. "Are we just gonna ignore the fact that you put your arm around Betty?" He said, still keeping that stupid smirk of his. "She needed comforting." I shrugged, picking up the chopped wood and placing it on the side. "Since when did you care about her?" He questioned. "Since when did you care about who I care about?" I bit back. 

     "Our plan worked, didn't it?" He asked, smiling. "What do you think?" I replied with sarcasm. "For once, your sarcastic reply is actually good to hear." He chuckled. I laughed along with him. "You know, she isn't as mean as I thought she was." I say after a bit of comfortable silence. "She's just...broken." I frowned. "Wait- she told you?" He said in shock. 

Shoot. I forgot he didn't know.

     "What is it?" He asked. "I think we should wait until she's comfortable enough to tell you herself." I told him, respecting Betty's want to keep her secret. "Wow, you guys really are close. It's okay, I understand." He grinned. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter!