-Chapter 18-

[Jughead's POV]

     After Betty had calmed down, I held her arm, leading her to the couch. "Betts," I voiced, looking into her sad eyes. "It's fine if you don't want to talk about it, but why did you lie to me?" I asked in curiosity. I didn't want to ask her this yet, but I decided to before the subject was changed. 

     "I-I'm sorry," She stuttered looking down. "Like I said, I didn't want to be a burden to anyone." She sighed, looking back up to me. "I knew if I didn't tell you I had a place to stay, you'd do something to help." She shrugged. "So, I told you that I found an apartment. I thought I could survive sleeping on the bus stop or something, but..." She trailed off, tears visible in her eyes once more. "It was a living nightmare." A tear slid down her pale cheek. "I didn't know what to do, and I-"

     "Betty," I interrupt her, moving my hand from her arm down to her hand. "It's okay. You're here now." I gave her a sad smile. "You can stay here until you find another place to stay."

     She looked down shyly with a small smile. "A-Are you sure?" She asked, wiping her tears with her other hand. "Of course." I lightly squeezed her hand in assurance. 

     "Thanks, Juggie." She gave a small grin, but not long after came a sigh. "Why are you so nice to me?" She questioned, looking up. "We've had so much hatred against each other, and yet you still managed to forgive me," She smiled. "Like nothing ever happened."

I thought about it for a second, and I realized...

I care about her.

     There's just something about her that's so different. Since the day we grew close, she was the only thing on my mind. It was like finding my best friend in a split second. All I could ever think about was if she was okay, or why was she even crying? I'd always notice the adorable little features she has, like the way her eyes crinkle when she smiles or the way she turns bright red when she's asked a heated question. I realized that the spark I felt when we first hugged wasn't just some random feeling, it was something I was new to. Something I have never felt before for anyone else. It was...

     "Because," I stop for a moment, gazing at her grassy green eyes. Somehow, I find myself leaning closer to her, my other hand finding its way to her cheek, cupping it gently. And before I knew it, my lips collided with hers. She didn't pull back, nor did she flinch. She kissed back with a tiny smile forming on her lips. 

     As we both slowly pulled away, I stared at her in awe. Her eyes were still closed, and her mouth still held her beautiful smile. I looked down at our hands that are now intertwined, and smiled to myself. In a hushed whisper, I breathe, "I like you, Betty Cooper."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR AHFVHKSDV

Sorry for the long wait!

And thank you for reading this chapter~