Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

I woke up to Louis tapping on my shoulder. I smack his arm and he starts laughing.

"That hurt!" He cries.

I check the time and it's seven in the morning. Why is he waking me up so early.

"Why am I being woken up?" I ask still trying to open my eyes.

"Because me and you are going to an

amusement park!"

"Wow. Seems like so much fun that can wait until I wake up later," I reply sarcastically.

He walks out of the room telling me to get dressed and ready. Dressed? I don't have anymore clothes to wear. What am I going to do?

"Louis!" I scream. He comes barging in thinking I broke something.

"What?" He replies, a little relieved.

"I have nothing to wear...."

"Oh...well wear what you had on yesterday and we will stop at a mall for clothes, don't worry"

He walks out of the room and I'm relieved that we fixed that problem. The only thing I don't like is wearing the same clothes more than once without it being washed. I take a shower and get dressed. Louis and I walk to the car and his mom drives us to the mall. Luckily the amusement park was right down the street so we could walk there. Once we enter the mall we head into stores I shop for clothes. Louis rather goes to Nike or American Apparel, but it wasn't for him. We went into Hollister and I got a pair of jean shorts and a purple sweater. Abercrombie came next and I got bermuda jeans and a light blue sweater. I went into famous footwear and got purple converse. Louis decided to go on his own and we would meet at the food cafeteria at 10. I spent at least a hundred dollars but I'm fine with that. All this birthday money and babysitting money, I had enough to buy a new wardrobe. Louis seemed to be done before me when I walked up to him.

"Ten o one... Your late missy" he says with a smile.

"One minute..sorry at least it wasn't an hour"

"Let's find you a bathroom so you can change," he says.

We walk around the mall until we see the bathrooms. I go in the women's and find a stall. I decide to go with the jean shorts and the purple sweater. I take off my KEDS and put my converse on. I walk out and Louis is on his phone texting Stan.

"Ya ready?" He asks.

"Yep lets go have fun!"

Louis didn't seem like himself this morning. He was moody. I was starting to regret staying in England. I know I only have one day left so no matter what I can't leave. The walk felt like hours in stead of minutes. We had a few awkward silences. He kept talking about this new ride that seemed scary. He thought that there would be a lot of people in line so as soon as we got in we bought a flash pass so we can get on the ride quicker.

"I'm nervous..have you been on this ride?" I ask.

"No it just came out this summer Sam" he replies with attitude.

"Oh...okay" I reply trying to not act annoyed.

"Sorry..I have been through a tough time this summer. That person you think is my dad is my step-dad. I meant to tell you but I just didn't feel comfortable. My birth dad is getting married in a few months and I just found out. I'm so stressed, I'm sorry Sam, I really am"

I felt really bad for how I felt towards him. How I thought he hated me or regretted asking me to stay. The weight on my shoulders just lifted and I'm relieved. I'm sad for Louis, I know how it feels. My parents got a divorce and my dad remarried last year and my mom is seeing someone. I always call him dad or if they are together, I call them my parents. He was nicer than my dad. I walk towards Louis and give him a hug. He returns it by hugging me back. I felt truly sorry and I didn't want this to end. I guess Louis and I are just friends. Maybe best friends? Who knows. Just a few days ago we admitted to liking each other but I guess this will be slow. I keep ahold of him until we get on the ride. Louis persuaded me to ride front row with him and I'm not looking forward to this. The ride is ready and it starts moving. We start climbing up the hill and Louis screams like a girl to make me laugh. It worked. As soon as we hit the top I cover my eyes with the hands and Louis removes them.

"Enjoy this Sam!"

He's right I should. We start racing down the hill and scream. We make a sharp turn and Louis leans into me.

"Sorry Sam!" He says laughing.

We go underground and I scream an hide my eyes again. Louis then again takes my hands off my face.

"I'll have to duct tape your hands together if you do that again," he says laughing.

The rest of the ride is crazy. I almost fall off the ride and Louis has to hold me the rest of the time. We go upside down and I can't help but scream. The amusement park rides are amazing. I never really liked roller coasters until now. We walk home and while we are five minutes away it starts raining. The rain is cold. We run as fast as we can to his house and we make it before the rain falls down harder. I'm soaking wet and freezing. I didn't pack a sweater because the weather is nice here. So I end up changing into my pajamas and watch TV. Louis comes in wearing a sweater and sweat pants. I guess he notices me shivering and takes off his sweater and hands it to me.

"You're freezing! Sam why didn't you wear your sweaters you bought today?"

"Because I don't want to sleep in the clothes I'm going to wear tomorrow."

"Ok sorry.... So tomorrow we're leaving..then I won't see you for a whole day. How can that be possible? I'm gonna miss you."

"Haha very funny. I think I can last 24 hours without you." I reply.

Louis doesn't reply. He just makes a sad face and I slap him on his arm.

"Yep I'm going to miss this" he says.