Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

Stan overheard me saying that I didn't want Louis in any of my classes. I give him the 'don't tell him' look and he nodded. I know I'm taking this problem too serious. I just feel like I need a break from Louis. It's too much for me right now. It's been a quick summer and it's too much for me. I don't need a relationship right now. I open my locker, put my backpack in my locker and grab my books and folders before closing my locker.

When I glance next to Lily, her locker neighbor is staring at me. I smile then look away. He was totally gorgeous. No. I'm not going to start the same thing I did with Louis in 6th grade. Think he's cute, then we sit next to each other, then we meet in a European country and tell each other we like them, stay longer in that country with him, go to a dance, think it's too much and run home. Story of my Life everyone! I regret smiling at that boy. His blue eyes are the most beautiful things you could ever see. Wait....blonde hair...blue eyes...JAKE!!

"Jake!!" I shout and run to him.

"Finally caught on didn't you!" He laughs.

"Shush. I haven't seen you...you said

You were going to our school for 7th grade I thought?" I ask while hugging him.

"Well I was, but my brother was graduating high school and we didn't want him to switch school for just a year." He says.

"Smart...but you're here now!" I smile.

The bell rings and I grab my schedule and compare it to Jake, and Lily's. Me and Lily have gym and science together. Me and Jake have gym, and like three other classes together. Since my first class is gym, Jake, Lily and I walk together. We were told that today was an ordinary school day so we have to go in the locker rooms and change.

"See ya guys outside!" Jake says.

We nod and turn to the girls locker room. I run to my old gym locker, open it and put my gym shoes and gym uniform in it. I wait for Lily once I'm dressed and head outside. I didn't know Louis was in this class. I feel more embarrassed than I am sad. Jake runs out of the locker room and I walk towards him. We start talking about meeting up for the next classes before the gym teacher comes out.

"Alright. You will be put into squads in alphabetical order." She instructs.

"Adam Smith, Sam Taper, Louis Tomlinson, Lily Woods... Squad five"

I can do this. It's fine. It's not like I despise him. I begin to walk with Lily

towards our line.

"Hey Sam!" Louis begins.

"Hey Louis...I'm sorry about yesterday...I was an idiot" I reply.

"Sam it's okay. I could tell you were nervous. Plus dances aren't really my thing." He states.

"Same! I don't really like dances. It makes me feel bad because I made you climb a tree in dress shoes," I say.

"So you were in your room!" He laughs.

"In my closet watching TV" I reply.

"You can't watch TV in your closet!"

He informs me.

"If you have a mini TV and a chair...it works!" I say.

We begin laughing and it makes me happy. To finally let go of the past and focus on this right now. The feelings I use to get whenever I talked to Louis come back. The memory of when we were in the Big Ben and how we told each other we liked each other and then watching clouds at the pier. Amazing time.

"Alright class...you will be playing soccer for the the rest of the class.. Squads 2 and 4 on the farthest field, 1 and 6 middle field, lastly 3 and 5 closest field! Teams 2,1, and 5 wear net shirts. Go!"

Me and Louis run towards the middle field. I have to say, soccer is my favorite sport and I'm pretty good at it. I know Louis wants to be a professional soccer, or "football" player when he grows older.

"Sam. Please tell me your good at this sport, because most of our team don't know what a soccer ball is," he laughs.

"I'm good. I'm on a travel team."

"That's a relief!" He says.

The game starts and me and Louis just pass it to each other. I made a goal the first minute and I'm pretty proud. Me and Louis are the only people on both teams that takes soccer seriously. Me and Louis are a good team.