Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

My final day in England. We're leaving in three hours. I wake up in a sort of depressed and happy mood. I don't want to leave but I want to see my mom. School starts in two days. My goodness. Louis begs me to get out of bed so he can show me one last thing before we go. We practically saw everything, what else is there to see? I get out of bed and take a shower. It takes at least 10 minutes until I realize I should get out. I put on my Bermuda jeans and my owl tee before my light blue sweater. I but some bright pink socks on and then cover my socks with my purple converse. I brush my hair back into a ponytail and grab my phone and walk out my room. Louis was waiting for me outside, I guess we are walking.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"Somewhere." He replies.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?" With that Louis smiles and nods. I roll my eyes and walk towards him. We start walking towards a river. There's a small canoe waiting for us.

"I never went canoeing..." I admit, a little embarrassed.

"It's okay! I'll teach you," this is why I like Louis, he's so calm and nice about anything. He never seems mad. Since I never went on a canoe I'm nervous. I always had a slight fear of boats. I went on a boat once and I never liked it. I was afraid we were going to sink since there was a hole on the bottom of the ship. I've seen Jaws, Titanic, The Perfect Storm, and Poseidon. Boats don't like me and I don't like them. Louis goes to the canoe and hands me a paddle and I don't know what to do with it.

"Alright I'll get the back part and you go in the front, alright?" He asks.

I nod and take my paddle and go in the front. Louis pushes us into the river and I quietly scream. I'm afraid if I tell Louis I'm scared, he's going to make fun of me.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

The last thing I wanted him to say and he just said it, "yea I'm fine, it's my first time so I'm a bit nervous..."

"Just use the paddle and stroke it in the water."

He makes it look easier than it seems. To me it feels like a jigsaw puzzle. Complicated. We head down stream and I feel nervous. Where is this leading to? Louis doesn't talk, he just focuses on the river and canoe while I just sit there and do nothing.

"Alright you can stop using the paddle, the river will take us now" he interrupts my thinking.

"Take us where?"

"The river is a circle. It's only a half hour ride Sam, don't worry."

I take a deep breath and relax. Will we make it on time to our flight? Usually you're suppose to arrive early. The water pace starts increasing and I'm getting more nervous. Water starts spraying on me and I move backwards. This canoe is smaller than I realized because when I moved backwards, there's Louis.

"Sorry, I was getting nervous because the water-"

"It's fine" he interrupts.

Louis puts both of our paddles in front of me meaning I can stay here. It's calmer back here. With the water splashing at us I get my hood from my sweater and put it over my head. Louis grabs his hood from his blue sweater and pulls it over his head.

"This never happened to me!" He shouts.

"Really?" I scream nervously.

"Don't worry! I'll save you!" He shouts.

He grabs my sweater from behind and holds it tight. I grab ahold of the ends of the canoe. We start turning and I move my hands in case we hit the ends of the river. I don't need stitches. I cover my eyes in hope it ends soon. Louis doesn't move or say anything. For once he let me cover my eyes. Five minutes worth of screaming and freaking out we make it back. I take my hands away from my eyes and let out a loud breath. Louis paddles the canoe towards the sand. I step outside of the canoe and take my hood off my head.

"Well I didn't expect that to happen" Louis says.

"Yea...for my first time in a canoe..yea"

"Sorry Sam..I didn't know"

"Louis, you didn't know. You can't control water...it's fine"

"Well we should get back and head to the airport."

I nod and start walking next to him. We talk about our trip and how we should do this every year. I'm going to miss this. I wonder if he will ignore me or start talking to me. We get home within ten minutes and we grab our suitcase and head into his car. When we got to the airport there was a small souvenir store. Me and Louis walk in and look around. I end up buying a tee shirt and a phone case. The plane ends up arriving as soon as we check out so we run halfway around the airport and make in five minutes before they leave. I hand the front desk worker my ticket and head into the plane. Louis finds our seats in first class. I got the window seat and Louis didn't like that. No one sat next to louis. He was kind of relieved. I take one last glance of England before we head into the sky.