Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

"Hey guys! Thanks for telling me you were here!" I say.

Louis gets up and asks, "did you hear us?"

"No. I just hung up with my mom"

I lie.

Louis seems relieved and a little worried. I felt bad lying to him, but

I couldn't say, "oh I heard you talking about asking me to the 8th grade dance" and ruin the whole thing.

"Okay. Well Sam I can walk you to your house? You know after we get your suitcase from my house." He says.

"Sure! I'll text my mom saying I'm on my way."

"Alright guys...I umm...gotta go so I will see you soon! I'll text ya tonight Sam" Lily replies with a hug.

Louis and I start walking before he says, "here..I saved you your milkshake because we left before you got back"

He hands me my milkshake that looks half empty than what I drank out of it. Lily. The rest of the walk consisted on talking about school and England. It's getting annoying talking about England. What if we stop talking to each other? If we're making this a yearly thing, I gotta keep our friendship strong. When we get my suitcase inside I say goodbye and thank you to Mr and Mrs. Tomlinson. We walk out and head towards my house.

"So Sam... What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked.

This is it. Here we go. My heart starts pounding in and out of my chest and I'm pretty sure he can see it. "Probably nothing" I reply.

"Well the eighth grade dance is tomorrow..and I was wondering if you wanted to go...with me?"

I blush in excitement and think about this. If I say no, he's not going to be happy with me. If I say yes, I'm going to be the happiest person alive. My answer is obvious.

"Sure! I'd love to!" I smile.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yea. It's just a dance." I reply before covering my mouth.

"Oh." He replies.

The rest of the walk is quiet. A few small talk here and there, but nothing huge. We get to my house and I'm a little sad. I don't want to leave him.

"Thanks for everything Louis, it means a lot. I'll text you once I get situated and we'll talk about tomorrow." I tell him.

"Sam, thank you. I didn't want to be stuck with my family. They don't get me. You do. I'll talk to you tonight. Bye Sam" he replies.

He steps closer to give me a hug and I wave goodbye and walk up to my front door. My mom left it open so I walk in. Louis disappeared by the time I glance back. I walk up the stairs and throw my suitcase in my room and search for my mom. She's in the living room watching Seventh Heaven I don't get how she likes that show.

"Hey mom."

"Hey sweetie! How was it all?"

"I told you over the phone but....could we go dress shopping for the dance tomorrow?" I smile.

She gasps, "I knew he would ask you! You guys MUST date this year. We will go first thing tomorrow morning!"

I smile and hug her. I run upstairs and grab my phone.

*hey Louis :)*

*hey Sam... So I was thinking I could pick you up at five?*

*sure! My mom would probably want to take pictures, of course!*

*haha that's fine. Same with my mom*

And that was the last thing we texted each other.