01 | don't worry

[comment an #rr if you are a rereader or just drop an #ftr if you are first time reader. i'll love to know if any of you are rereading :)]

01 | don't worry

MY EYES STAY glued to the screen even though I can hear the jiggling of keys. Gauri is home. I throw a quick look over my shoulder to confirm it's my best friend only. After seeing my best friend looking at the door with her back turned to me, I shift my eyes back to the TV screen.

"Don't tell me you spent the whole day binge-watching Teen Wolf." Gauri groans, flopping down on the couch next to me.

"Anything for seeing the handsome face of Dylan O'Brien." I shoot her a lopsided grin to which she shakes her head.

"What's for dinner though?" She asks me and from my peripheral vision, I can see her eyes falling shut as she relaxes.

"I made noodles today," I reply, shoving the vanilla ice cream in my mouth. The credits roll on just then so I switch off the TV and turn to face her. "I was planning on making some steak but we didn't have anything in our fridge. We need to go grocery shopping."  Gauri and I have been living together since our second year in college together. It's a thing we take turns making dinner.

"Fine, I'll go to the grocery store tomorrow after work. Just make a list on my phone." She takes out her phone from her purse and thrusts it in my hand. I lazily enter her password and open the app. A few minutes later I'm done making the list.

"And your shift starts tomorrow, right?" She asks me.

"Yeah, it does. I hope I'm not late tomorrow."

"I'll wake you up, you lazy head. Don't worry!"

My lips curve up into a smile and I pull her in a hug, grateful for a friend like her. Gauri had been that one person who was always constant in my life. She was the best friend one could ever get.

"Thank you," I mumble softly.

"It's okay, A." As she pulls out of the hug, I flop down the couch and make my way towards the kitchen.

Quickly heating the noodles, I take out two bowls and forks for us and saunter outside only to find Gauri sprawled across the couch. Her hair hangs around her face in a curtain and she looks peaceful. I chuckle as her mouth hangs open; it always does when she's sleeping.

I set down the bowls on the coffee table and gently take her arm, supporting her body with mine. Taking her back to her room had always been a difficult task but I had mastered it with time. It's not unusual to find her sleeping on the couch. I pat her cheek lightly when I successfully manage to take her back to her room.

I make sure that the light is on before I get up to leave the room. But I stop in my tracks to admire her room. I had always liked the way she kept her room. It was neat and tidy and I couldn't spot a single freckle of dust. Gauri's room has light blue colored walls. A queen-sized bed with white mattress is placed in the center of the room. In the corner of the room is a small desk where a lot of papers are kept–scattered yet somehow managing to look tidy. Beside it, a tree-shaped bookshelf adorns the wall. My eyes wander to the wall on which hang several pictures.

This has always been my favorite part of her room. With fairy lights adorning the frames, it looks simply beautiful. It's not because it's decorated so beautifully but because of the fact that this wall has all of our good moments together. A smile creeps up on my face as I look at the picture in which we are smiling at the camera with our tongues sticking out.