06 | getting down and dirty

I SHIFT IN my chair, trying to find a comfortable position. It's Tuesday and I'm adjusting better than I was in the first week. The first week was exhausting but now that my body is adjusting to my new routine, I don't find it exhausting anymore. It gets tiring but that's expected.

I do miss the days when I could wake up at anytime I wanted and just eat while binge-watching my Netflix shows. That reminds me, I still have the second season of 13 reasons why to watch.

Someone raps on my desk and I cock my head to the side to see Sia standing there with a elated smile.

"Ashish sir wants you in his cabin now." She twitters and I frown. Have I done something wrong?

After shooting a very worried glance in Sia's direction, I get up and make my way to his office. His office is on the other floor so I stride towards the elevator. It opens a few seconds later and two people step out of it. I step in and press the floor number, my heart thudding in my chest. Why is he calling me in his office?

When the elevator makes a ding dong noise, I walk to his office and knock on the door. A voice that's intensely polite calls me in and I gingerly open the door. When I do, I see my boss sitting with his hands leaning on the table and I can make out his huge smile. In front of him is sitting a man whose back is turned to me. The tuft of raven hair is familiar but I'm not sure if I'm guessing right.

"Oh, Miss. Agrawal." Ashish beckons me and I move forward. The raven hair guy turns around and I try to conceal the anger that bubbles inside me because I just remembered the stunt he pulled off, telling Sania we are dating. Why is my life suddenly so SSO filled? "Miss. Agrawal, Mr. Shivaay here and I have been discussing a few things and he wants someone to assist him so he knows better about our company," Ashish says earnestly. It's a big opportunity, I know but out of all the people, Shivaay Singh Oberoi?

Fuck my life.

"Yes, Miss. Agrawal. You won't have any problem, will you?" Shivaay mimics Ashish's voice and it comes out all weird but Ashish doesn't seem to notice.

"Yes, sir." I ground out through my clenched teeth and give Ashish a tight-lipped smile. Then, I turn to glare at my culprit who's smirking. After shooting daggers for him, I trudge out of the cabin.

I lean against the cool wall and clench my fists at side. What was he trying to do? Was this a part of his scheme? Even though there was no specification that Shivaay was the one who had planted this idea in Ashish's mind, I had a gut feeling that it was him. My guts have never been wrong before and I highly doubt they are now.

I wait for Shivaay to get out of the cabin and when he does, I instantly clasp my fingers around his wrist before he could even close the door properly. I drag him to the the corridor that looks empty and push him against the wall. He looks surprised and does no effort to conceal it. Pressing my hands on his chest, I try to ignore how hard and defined his muscles feel under my chest. I shiver runs down my spine but I focus on the task on hand.

"What was all that about?" My voice is low and threatening as I glare at him. I was seconds away from smacking his face silly.

"Relax," he breathes, raising his hands in surrender. "I just suggested Ashish to have someone who recently joined since it will be good experience for them." He shrugs.

I narrow my eyes at him, "Oh please–"

"Kitten, it's not my fault that Ashish called you. If you want, you ask your great boss yourself." With the level of confidence he says to ask Ashish, some of my anger dissipates.