14 | sunrise with you

A / N

This is like my most favorite chapter so far. Here's the most anticipated chapter [ I hope it is]. Ugh, I'm so damn excited. XD.

Also, listen to Falling All In You by Shawn Mendes in this chapter because it suits the whole mood of this chapter.

⛧----------⛧

14 | sunrise with you

S H I V A A Y

I RUB MY eyes and yawn. But my hands freeze midway when I become aware of the girl pressed into my chest with her legs tangled in mine. My eyes flicker down to her face and I'm left breathless. The sunlight washes over her face, giving it an extremely gorgeous glow.

Her jet black hair acts like a curtain for her beautiful face and my hands automatically tuck them behind her ear. She is beautiful. Inside out, really. The way her nose wrinkles when she's displeased or how sassy she is, all makes me want to be hers.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

I wasn't supposed to falling in love with her. It was supposed to be just a deal to play matchmaker for Om and Gauri. At least that is what it originally was. I still remember the day I first saw her. She had visited our home with Gauri. The first time I saw her, my first thought had been beautiful-it always is. I'm sure I had gone totally doe-eyed on her. She is beautiful in ways that others aren't and I truly admire her for the way she is. She is a gem, too precious for this world. And heck I am letting anything happen to her.

But when I had gone up to her, I knew she was different. This girl didn't spare me a second glance and well that a first. Honestly, it was a huge blow to my ego. And from then started the saga of annoying her in different ways. Infuriating her always makes me smile. Why I don't know but it always does.

Back then, I had always known that I was attracted to her but to what extent I didn't know till yesterday. Honestly, even when I was dating other girls she was always in the back of my mind, cropping up in my every thought. It is inevitable, falling in love with her. She's the kind of person you can't help but love. Her sassiness, her sarcasm, her threats, it all makes you love her. She's the most amazing person I've ever met. How is it even humanly possible to adore a person so much?

My lips tug up in a smile and I brush my thumb pad over the soft skin of her cheek. She has this beautiful crinkle by her eyes when she laughs. She bites her lip when she's nervous. She wrings her hands together when she is frustrated. I want to be that person she gives her dazzling smiles to. I wanna hold her, kiss away her pain. I want to be able to love her, to give her all the happiness in this world. I want to be the reason she smiles, I want to be the one who makes her truly laugh. I want to see her every side, everything that nobody has seen. I want to be the ink she writes her songs with. God, I so wanna be hers.

I would have admired her till eternity but when she shifts next to me, I spring apart because I know she won't like finding my body tangled with hers. I know her enough to know that she would be mad. It's heartbreaking that she doesn't even like me let alone have the same feelings that I do for her. Before she wakes up, I place a lingering kiss on her forehead. Running a hand through my messy hair, I trudge into the bathroom and take a cold shower.

I walk back into my room to see my kitten still sleeping and she looks so peaceful that I don't want to wake her up. I call a servant to bring breakfast outside my room. When the knock sounds on my door, I am pleased to see that our chef has prepared waffles with chocolate syrup. It's her favorite, I know. After seamless hours of stalking her, I knew almost everything about her. Yes, I know I am a creep but jeez, I am her creep.

Since she's still to wake, I comb my wet hair and water droplets brush my face as I stand in front of the mirror. Choosing to wear a casual outfit today, I take out a white button shirt along with faded jeans. But before I can put my clothes on, a gasp resonates throughout the room and I whip around to see her staring at me. Her face is all flustered and only adds to her rosy cheeks-

Shivaay, stop.

I glance down at myself to see that I am only wearing my boxers. Oh, great. Just what I needed. One more addition to our list of 'awkward moments.' But, Shivaay, keep your cool. Act like you always do.

Had she been another girl, I would have felt confident naturally but when it comes to her, all of my natural cockiness goes tumbling down. And in desperate need to come out as anything but embarrassed, I end up sounding like a narcissist. "Haven't you seen a shirtless guy before, Kitten?"

"I'll let you know that I have seen plenty of shirtless guys." Even though her tone is teasing, I feel a spark of jealousy. What if she isn't kidding? I don't like the sound of that. Damnit, why the hell do I feel so protective all of a sudden? "You know, for example, Dylan O'Brien." She sings and I turn to narrow my eyes at her.

"Who's this Dylan guy you're talking about?" Thankfully, she doesn't notice my bitter and jealous tone.

"OH, MY GOD! YOU DON'T KNOW WHO DYLAN O'BRIEN IS. HOLY SHIT!" After that, she launches into a full-blown explanation of Dylan is. She lost me as soon as she mentioned the word actor because I was busy noticing her expressive hand gestures and adoring the way her face lights up, memorizing it in my memory.

I am falling faster, harder and deeper.

And I am afraid.

⛧--------⛧

So, here's Shivaay's point of view. I am a little apprehensive about this chapter and it would be totally fine if you don't like this one because even I am a little confused about this. And boy, writing a chapter from a male point of view, that too in the third person perspective is hard. It's surely not my thing. Hats off to people who do that.

Also, I know it's short but I wanted to write in his point of view but it doesn't give the same feels as Anika's point of view does. Anika is like my baby. I love that character.

And, and, I know I shouldn't be updating right now, considering the amount of work I have but whatever.

QOTD. Choose between Rohit, Ashish, and Shivaay. And only one.

Until next update, much love,

Kriti x